Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 5 subs next season, having Adana Traore to bring off the bench and go mad isn’t a bad idea. Especially if the £10m is correct.
If we were in a healthy financial situation and didn't have glaring weaknesses in our starting XI then you might have a point.

However.

We have very strict financial constraints to deal with and a gaping hole where our starting central midfield should be. Spending £10m on a 26 yr old winger to sit on the bench and come on in the final thirty minutes of most games is, in this financial scenario, rather foolish.

It's a no from me.

We must focus on buying CMs (and selling CMs).

If we were in a healthy financial situation and didn't have glaring weaknesses in our starting XI then you might have a point.

However.

We have very strict financial constraints to deal with and a gaping hole where our starting central midfield should be. Spending £10m on a 26 yr old winger to sit on the bench and come on in the final thirty minutes of most games is, in this financial scenario, rather foolish.

It's a no from me.

So just to be clear.
Isn't that the point of substitution. A player comes on for a tactical reason. One of those being a player who can run at and target a fatiguing opponent?

If not, what exactly is the point of having substitution?
We can learn a lot from rugby and the term game finishers.

£10m for a squad player is peanuts. Should we get him? Not sure, think I would ike to see Dobbin a bit more. But with 5 subs. It's crazy to not have a option of a fast Powerful player.

However.

It's a no from me.

Yeah pretty much agree with this.

CM and RM/RF are pretty much where we need at least three players for now.

Think MGW we will get sooner or later - which pretty much sorts out one of those players then think it's a case of seeing who becomes available as certain teams do their own business (think both Zinchenko and Gallacher - maybe Gilmour and Winks all fall into that category)

probably a few names that we've not been linked with to will come into the mix later on in the window.

not buying any of the links that cone from France or Portugal either, think we are just one of the teams they've gotten used to playing big fees so we are a historic (link that club) from them (the 40-50m fees they're bandying about kind of support my thinking in that regard).

My gut feeling is we are trying to structure payments to enable us to bring in two players around the 20-30m mark in that area (including add-ons on that fee). The rest will be looking at loans to cover the other positions presumably with options where we can rather than obligations or no option. Maybe with a couple of cheap 'punts' thrown in should we offload any of the team for small fees. Loan fees will get covered by loans out etc.

Sander Berge at Sheff Utd has been linked with Leeds and Brugge. He's a young highly regarded holding midfielder with prem experience. Before Sheff Utd he was linked with some top teams. Would think he'd be worth a look at if the price was right.

Don’t even sound close to getting anyone over the line either. Need a tough tackling mid, and a creative type at the very least.

Think it's about energy - especially in pressing, being comfortable on the ball and adding goals to the midfield where we will look to be bringing in those types.

We have DCL back and we weren’t liquidated, plus a few of our wasters left.

It looks like we are signing a midfielder too.

Some of our best performances have come in adversity. The team know it’s up to them to avoid the same problems and I’m sure they will step up. We won’t have the same level of injuries, our defence is immeasurably better.

Just let’s see.
This is an outrageously optimistic shout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back