Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

You would imagine so. I genuinely thought it was the end of this season he moved, but Football Manager (of all things) set me straight and they're usually fairly well sourced on the structure (if not the actual value) of deals.
Yep, it seems all our "deals" are with little upfront money and a lot in structured payments over the contract, hence no one has signed yet. Selling clubs will be wanting more money upfront and so I guess deal will be later in the window while they asses their better options.

Er, without sounding daft, if this lad is attracting those clubs, why arnt we keeping him?

Or is it the rulez or sommet with a 16 YO?

I think U18 players who aren't on professional terms can pretty much do what they want. It comes down to the promises of pathways/contracts etc. We just get the compo we can negotiate for his earlier development. Same deal as with Thierry Small.

This is true but I’m concerned that they’ve been poor and getting worse every year for a while now. Season before last they finished 4th by a single point.

They tried to renegotiate the Kean deal last season when they were looking a bit dodgy for less money but at the end of this season. On account of every club in Italy being broke to one level or another. I'm reasonably happy we didn't bite on that as I really can't see them dropping out of the champions league places this year.

They tried to renegotiate the Kean deal last season when they were looking a bit dodgy for less money but at the end of this season. On account of every club in Italy being broke to one level or another. I'm reasonably happy we didn't bite on that as I really can't see them dropping out of the champions league places this year.

I hope you’re right, but I won’t be confident of that until at least March time and they’re a fair few points clear. It’s by no means a certainty that they’ll finish top 4, they are a complete mess.

Er, without sounding daft, if this lad is attracting those clubs, why arnt we keeping him?

Or is it the rulez or sommet with a 16 YO?

….youngsters can pick where they want to sign their first full-time contract. Everton will have desperately wanted to keep Lawrence but he’s in demand & has decided his development and/or financial well-being is best served elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back