Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, weaker than last season due to losing Richy and as nearly went down.

Going well this.
We have DCL back and we weren’t liquidated, plus a few of our wasters left.

It looks like we are signing a midfielder too.

Some of our best performances have come in adversity. The team know it’s up to them to avoid the same problems and I’m sure they will step up. We won’t have the same level of injuries, our defence is immeasurably better.

Just let’s see.

Links this morning to Athletic Bilbao CB, Unai Nunez. Celta Vigo are in for him as well, he missed training Wednesday so there is speculation in Spain that he was either having a medical or a bid had been accepted.

Not sure about this one, if we do sign another CB, this must mean we are working on playing 3 CB’s

https://www.[Publication is blackli...nai-nunez-as-he-misses-training-on-wednesday/

Be surprised if we added more than another 2 before kick-off, and I'd settle for that assuming we are going to leave loan deals until deadline day.

Wouldn't be surprised either if we made just one more signing by August 6th. It does seem they are trying to be as thrifty and cautious as possible. Understandable if not a little frustrating over a long summer. There will be more flexibility shown by clubs the longer the window progresses.

If Juventus fail to finish in the top 4 then he’s coming back, just dropping that one in here.

Juventus finished 4th this season. That clause has been triggered. 2 loan fees then they pay the asking price.
Everton playing hard ball as they wanted to renegotiate the deal as far as I’m aware
Anybody know definitively which of these is correct? Or are we all being left in the dark as usual?

Links this morning to Athletic Bilbao CB, Unai Nunez. Celta Vigo are in for him as well, he missed training Wednesday so there is speculation in Spain that he was either having a medical or a bid had been accepted.

Not sure about this one, if we do sign another CB, this must mean we are working on playing 3 CB’s

Lost in translation...its coming from a Spanish newspaper but when reading the article it sounds more to me that we have been linked with him in the past not necessarily today...

Not necessarily. We actually have a significant sum of money tied up in centre backs already.

It might be the case that we have received firms offers for Mina and Keane and want to ship them out, as they are both among our highest earners. With Branthwaite being linked to a loan to PSV as well, we'd need another CB in and we'd play a flat back 4.

Given that we're short on available budget I can't see a lot of sense in stockpiling CBs with a view to playing a back 3 / back 5 and then not having enough in the bank to fund any upgrade to midfield, or adding any depth out wide.

We have DCL back and we weren’t liquidated, plus a few of our wasters left.

It looks like we are signing a midfielder too.

Some of our best performances have come in adversity. The team know it’s up to them to avoid the same problems and I’m sure they will step up. We won’t have the same level of injuries, our defence is immeasurably better.

Just let’s see.
Some, but most of our games were jaw dropping bad, the more if you look at the money we put in the field. One of the most games lost due to individual errors, both under The Great Benitez and The Great Lamps. The least possesion. The most missed sitters. it was beyond horror last few seasons and now that Richy is gone, THE main reason you can claim we won some games from nothing, its put up or shut up time from our board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back