Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he supposed to have lost his pace now? Didn't see much of him last season, but he still looked sharp before then.

Not that we really lack for pace going forward (apart from Rondon, but hopefully he won't feature much if at all). I'd say quality on the ball is a bigger issue.
I can understand why he might seem a good signing, but I'd rather give the youth a chance. He'll want big wages and probably 3-4 year deal.

Doucoure isn't in the team to be a pivot or at least he doesn't suit that role for me.
I agree.

So the thing with Doucoure is this: to get him to work you also basically make him redundant. You need to have someone behind him that is a solid ball winner and smart enough to fill the gaps he leaves and you also need to have someone who can move the ball forward and be a threat in the final third creatively. But if you can find those two players you probably don't even need to have a third midfielder. You can get away with playing 4-4-1-1 and having Dele behind the striker for example instead of having Doucoure try to run into the box late from deeper to do the same type of thing.

That is a lot of faith we're placing in DCL, a man who completed 90 minutes 9 times last season.

Not only that, but our biggest issue last season was scoring goals. And we've already sold the man directly responsible for 35% of our goals last season, without replacing him.

We desperately need at least two midfielders and a striker that can really compete with Calvert Lewin. Not just be an OK backup.
Yes we will need Gordon and Ali to step up

Athletic article suggests our interest in Dennis has cooled. There doesn't seem to be much interest in him elsewhere either considering a reasonable price tag and a good season last year, so wonder if all clubs have some doubts about his attitude. If there's not many interested parties it makes sense to put him on the back-burner and try to scoop a bargain late in the window if we don't land some main targets.
I think Watford really want to sell Dennis. There also does not seem to be much interest for him from other clubs. I think you might get a decent discount If left to the last minute. That said I don’t rate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back