Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be a load of stuff going on behind the scenes.

BE357BC9-A9F5-45D1-9403-35ECED8FB1D8.webp

I'm looking for actions and results. I've not seen anything yet.

And you won't see results yet, very very few of the players we will want to shift will have much interest at all at this point in time, their high wages make them less attractive - especially for early deals, late in the window when lots of options are off the table fir clubs they are gonna be more willing to take the financial risk/hit with them.

Nobody is paying 8m and his wages fir Gomes two weeks into the transfer window. We tried to shift him now we'd end up receiving a substantially worse deal in terms of say a loan out thsn we will later on.

It's why you've seen so far so few loans being done compared to how active it'll be later on in the transfer cycle.

We will want fees and high percentages of wages paid, clubs right now simply will low ball us on both if we start looking desperate to shift them.

Not convinced Broja will even pick us. Go and get Dennis and bed him in or another forward
Athletic article suggests our interest in Dennis has cooled. There doesn't seem to be much interest in him elsewhere either considering a reasonable price tag and a good season last year, so wonder if all clubs have some doubts about his attitude. If there's not many interested parties it makes sense to put him on the back-burner and try to scoop a bargain late in the window if we don't land some main targets.

I saw that part of the article, but having watched Broja, he feels like a much more traditional number 9 and less of a wide forward/winger
The stats may well suggest he’s more similar but I just can’t see him playing off the left with Dom up top. Dennis seems the suited player to that position
This was my angle - I don’t see how Broja and Dom fit together, and 2 up top means 2 in midfield which is terrifying
But that's why people use stats isn't it? Because it's a much better metric than "just don't see it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back