Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point about how you played against us was we had more than enough of the ball and opportunities to get something out of the game but my point was that Lampard does not normally dwell on the defensive side of the game he is far more gung ho

As for DCL he was a great miss for you but he for me he needs someone to link with and now Richarlinson has gone somehow you have to get players around him and I am not talking about the likes of Davies.

My point is, that wasnt what he did at Everton.

You have changed on DCL more than once now. It started with cant play as a single striker, which he can. Then it was, he isnt good at dealing with long balls, and he is.

Now you're saying he needs a Richarlison to link with. Him and Richarlison, didnt really play that well together. He linked better with James and Digne. They are bigger misses. He should dovetail well with Gordon and Alli though, and hopefully Patterson/Mykolenko.

Our big question with him, Mina and others is how fit are they going to be.

If he plays and is fit, we will be fine. Losing Richarlison wont impact Dom much mate.

Does his loan spell at Norwich not raise a concern for you just a little bit like?

Slightly, but the usual caveats apply there - don't think Norwich and the way they play nor the players they had suited him at all

Put another way, my big reason for advocating him is that there's a potentially really high ceiling there and it's a player Lampard knows who plays a role we are looking to fill. You look at the likes of Harry Winks who could be another option on loan and you know what the ceiling is there.

If it's a loan (ideally with an option to buy), I'm 100% in favour of it

Slightly, but the usual caveats apply there - don't think Norwich and the way they play nor the players they had suited him at all

Put another way, my big reason for advocating him is that there's a potentially really high ceiling there and it's a player Lampard knows who plays a role we are looking to fill. You look at the likes of Harry Winks who could be another option on loan and you know what the ceiling is there.

If it's a loan (ideally with an option to buy), I'm 100% in favour of it

Would the way we play suit him? Absolutely none of our players can pass a ball. I reckon Norwich’s style suits a player like him more than ours. We are more anti-football than Burnley.

Even a mid range midfielder like him will cost 30m +. Years left on his deal, 100 prem games now. These players generally don't cost 15-20m anymore.

Depressing feeling it will be Harry Winks on season long loan at some point in August as he certainly isn't going to be playing for Spurs anytime soon.
True, but I think he’s getting unhappy at playing in midfield. He’s best as a 2nd striker or on the right of a front 3. If Everton told him that they’d play him in one of these roles, I’m pretty sure he’d push for the move.

Really do need to start seeing some CMs and DMs coming in. On loan or keenly-priced permanent transfers, doesn't matter which.

Jason Knight from Derby was one I expected to see arrive early on. Not sure why nothing's happened there.

Aster Vrancx looks interesting as does Amadou Onana but both likely to be expensive due to other clubs sniffing around. Perhaps someone like Youssouf Fofana at Monaco or Pape Gueye at Marseille might be good (ie more affordable) alternatives. Would like to see Gallagher or Gilmour (both Chelsea) come in on loan too, but no interest at all in seeing Harry Winks take a spot. In fact, I'd rather see Idrissa Gana come back on loan from PSG than waste any money on Winks.

Morgan Gibbs-White is an interesting chap. Seems to have been used equally as a RW and a CM. Given our needs in both positions and the player's recent form, I can see exactly why he'd be our "expensive" signing. Certainly a better option as the RW than any of the other names that have been mentioned in the press thus far. Genuinely hope we get him in.

Everton dropping off the first transfer payment for Cornet
76242.webp

He’s not, but you need to build your team around him to get the best out of him. He’s still very young, and isn’t the most athletic. But he’s got the potential to run and control the tempo of games against good opposition
We need to build our team around that failure?!

WTaF?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back