Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Colwill is the one to get on a permanent deal. He's meant to be the 'real deal'. He and Branthwaite on long term deals could be a game changer for us.

Gallagher as well of course would be excellent.

The two below would be Ampadu and Gilmour who in fact are the two we would need the most in the short term.

Those four, along with Broja would be great signings from Chelsea.
Colwill seems very highly rated & looks like Chelsea could sell. But without having a new midfielder and winger + having little funds it's not likely at all this summer. Not to mention we'd need to sell another centre back and there doesn't seem to be much interest in any of them

I have read a lot of posts on here over the last few years about the Board doing this, and that and making bad repeated decisions after bad decisions. It surprises me that nobody on GOT mentions the CEO. The Board's role of the Board is to set high-level objectives for the club e.g. New stadium, Champions League, Youth Development etc, it is then the responsibility of the CEO to put a strategy in place and a management team in place to deliver the objectives of the Board. The CEO reports into the Board and is the only employee of Everton FC that reports directly into the Board. Denise Barrett-Baxendale is the person that fans should be wanting out of the club as she clearly doesn't have the balls to be able to manage upwards to the Board effectively. Imo, If she had any integrity she would resign as she either can't do the job or isn't let do the job of Everton CEO. I am not saying Ed Woodword is the right man for Everton but if Everton FC had a proper CEO like him in place for the last few years there is no chance Moshiri would have been able to let the club get into the position it is in. The club would be managed properly or he would have walked.
I am not sure Utd fans would agree with you about Woodward

I think Colwill is the one to get on a permanent deal. He's meant to be the 'real deal'. He and Branthwaite on long term deals could be a game changer for us.

Gallagher as well of course would be excellent.

The two below would be Ampadu and Gilmour who in fact are the two we would need the most in the short term.

Those four, along with Broja would be great signings from Chelsea.
Most of this makes sense mate. I think Anjorin could be the surprise addition (think he's one of the ones sent home from the US this week?), but only IF we don't have all our chips stacked up on Gallagher, who I have a sneaky feeling (hope) is our No.1 target this window. Reckon if CG becomes available we'll spunk a goodly portion of the Richie funds on him.

Can't see Broja coming our way, and while I rate his potential I'm not sure he's what we need, unless DCL is off...

Most of this makes sense mate. I think Anjorin could be the surprise addition (think he's one of the ones sent home from the US this week?), but only IF we don't have all our chips stacked up on Gallagher, who I have a sneaky feeling (hope) is our No.1 target this window. Reckon if CG becomes available we'll spunk a goodly portion of the Richie funds on him.

Can't see Broja coming our way, and while I rate his potential I'm not sure he's what we need, unless DCL is off...
Feels that all of our attainable transfer targets are from Chelsea this summer.

One of thelwell’s main jobs has to be to sort out our seemingly dreadful scouting network.

The board have put Lampard and Thelwell in an almost impossible position really. They’ve sold one of the best players after we almost got relegated, and due to their past ineptitude can’t provide much money for replacements. Bet they’ll be quick to sack Frank/the pair of them if results are poor though.

Really hope they manage to pull a few rabbits out the hat because I’m sick of us chopping and changing and the board/owner getting away with it.

The silence around transfers is deafening.
Bill is probably telling him he got CL at Chelsea with no transfers so he expects the same.
Typical we get a manager who has really bonded with the fans and he’s the one we back least, so far anyway. I still expect 4 players in this window.

our squad depth is atrocious, we are going to have to rely on youth players to fill the bench this season and hope to avoid injuries to key players which lets face it is unlikely

we need to bring in at least another 5/6 players imo

next season there could also be a mass exodus of players

we've got 9 players out of contract next summer

i think the club will probably exercise its 1 year option on Doucoure but that still means 8 players out of contract next summer

Mina - i think we are actively looking to sell him but does not look like anyone is interested so likely scenario is he will run his contract down and leave for free next summer
Davies - would not suprise me if the club offered him a new contract even though he doesn't deserve one - similar to JJK situation i imagine
Allan - he will turn 32 this season, he's a poor passer of the ball and I don't see how he suit's Frank style of play, another player I can see potentially run down his contract and leave for free in the summer
Townsend - 31 years old and just coming back from a very serious injury. I can't see us giving him a new contract.
Coleman - hopefully Patterson will secure his place in the first team and he can just do a Baines and play a few sporadic games and retire at the end of the season
Rondon - bin
Nkounkou - no idea what we are going to do with him, he's probably on low wages so we may offer him a new contract as he's the only backup we have for left back up without reverting to the likes of Godfrey
Begovic - not really that important as a backup goalkeeper, either give him another short term deal or find another freebie floating about in the summer

I think we are the only team who has only played one pre season game...all the other teams have played three or four...
There’s a million valid criticisms of the club but this pre season one seems to be quite common and it’s just made up. We have 4 pre season friendlies scheduled, very few teams that I can see have any more than 5 so I feel like people are just looking for something to Moan about with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back