Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much did you get paid to say this

may-weather-stacks.gif

The board have put Lampard and Thelwell in an almost impossible position really. They’ve sold one of the best players after we almost got relegated, and due to their past ineptitude can’t provide much money for replacements. Bet they’ll be quick to sack Frank/the pair of them if results are poor though.

Really hope they manage to pull a few rabbits out the hat because I’m sick of us chopping and changing and the board/owner getting away with it.

The silence around transfers is deafening.
You’re right, they really have. What chance does Lampard have? All that BS from the board at the end of the season “we’ve learned our lesson, we’ll make sure we’re not in this position again next year…”

How? By selling by far our best player and the reason we stayed up and giving the manager none of the proceeds to buy new players? Scratch around for a few loan deals and freebies, while keeping all the utter crap in the squad who’ve done nothing season on season.

Yup, that sounds like a plan to make sure we’re not on the relegation mix alright!

I'd also say I think we do have money for one 30m type transfer, but we are trying to get as favourable deals done to ensure we can do that deal later on still.
Agreed, think they’re trying to get a loan or two sorted so they can drop what little real money we have on a top target. Many of them will likely have moved by that point though.

I'd be utterly amazed if FL and KT came to the club completely blind to the fact Richy was going at the end of season - hell, I'd be amazed if there wasn't at least a "gentlemans agreement" he could move on before a ball was kicked. (it's not like either was touting him for sale).

Yes our budget will be limited, but speculation asside, we don't know how much and what they are doing with it. 40+ days til window close, lets see what happens. Hopefully we wont panic and drop £20-30m on someone we dont need for the 2384234 time.

They’ll have known about it to some degree sure, but they’re up against it big time and it’ll be their heads that roll not the boards. They have to get it absolutely spot on, after years of getting it badly wrong. It’s a big ask.

Thing is mate, I'd rather nothing was leaked - with our finances and the way we are trying to structure deals, the more info out the easier it is for another team to just offer a better deal than us

The club do though, the Luis Diaz thing being a recent example. Whether it’s sensible or not is another thing entirely, but our club aren’t often called sensible.

Agreed, think they’re trying to get a loan or two sorted so they can drop what little real money we have on a top target. Many of them will likely have moved by that point though.

They’ll have known about it to some degree sure, but they’re up against it big time and it’ll be their heads that roll not the boards. They have to get it absolutely spot on, after years of getting it badly wrong. It’s a big ask.

The club do though, the Luis Diaz thing being a recent example. Whether it’s sensible or not is another thing entirely, but our club aren’t often called sensible.
I'm hoping Thelwell is doing all the groundwork on deals mate hence not much leaking out with any bones to it

We are not even scraping the bottom of the barrel anymore, we are actually starting to look down in between the cracks of the planks of wood that make up the barrel.
Well yes, but some fans expectations are crazy. All these names being linked, rejects from all over the shop, are all we can afford apparently. Are we expecting top strikers to come here for £1.5m or something? ( Btw, I’m confused as to how much we can actually spend)

I have read a lot of posts on here over the last few years about the Board doing this, and that and making bad repeated decisions after bad decisions. It surprises me that nobody on GOT mentions the CEO. The Board's role of the Board is to set high-level objectives for the club e.g. New stadium, Champions League, Youth Development etc, it is then the responsibility of the CEO to put a strategy in place and a management team in place to deliver the objectives of the Board. The CEO reports into the Board and is the only employee of Everton FC that reports directly into the Board. Denise Barrett-Baxendale is the person that fans should be wanting out of the club as she clearly doesn't have the balls to be able to manage upwards to the Board effectively. Imo, If she had any integrity she would resign as she either can't do the job or isn't let do the job of Everton CEO. I am not saying Ed Woodword is the right man for Everton but if Everton FC had a proper CEO like him in place for the last few years there is no chance Moshiri would have been able to let the club get into the position it is in. The club would be managed properly or he would have walked.

Thought he'd retired years ago.
He’ll be in good company then.
It’s ok guys the latest supercomputer predictions have us finishing on 42 points. No need for any new signings. That was close!
what does that octopus in Germany have to say on this?
We really need to get shut of Gomes. Can see Gbamin and Nkonkou being moved on too.
Gbamin would probably injure himself flipping burgers at maccie d’s

I have read a lot of posts on here over the last few years about the Board doing this, and that and making bad repeated decisions after bad decisions. It surprises me that nobody on GOT mentions the CEO. The Board's role of the Board is to set high-level objectives for the club e.g. New stadium, Champions League, Youth Development etc, it is then the responsibility of the CEO to put a strategy in place and a management team in place to deliver the objectives of the Board. The CEO reports into the Board and is the only employee of Everton FC that reports directly into the Board. Denise Barrett-Baxendale is the person that fans should be wanting out of the club as she clearly doesn't have the balls to be able to manage upwards to the Board effectively. Imo, If she had any integrity she would resign as she either can't do the job or isn't let do the job of Everton CEO. I am not saying Ed Woodword is the right man for Everton but if Everton FC had a proper CEO like him in place for the last few years there is no chance Moshiri would have been able to let the club get into the position it is in. The club would be managed properly or he would have walked.
She’s very much included in the whole “the board” notion mate. Also she has been “seeking alternative employment” for about a year now which probably tells you all you need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back