Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brands truly was the fall guy. Board genuinely believe letting go of him would keep us happy.
Do you seriously believe that an item on the agenda of a board meeting is who we sacrifice to keep the fans happy?

The board are answerable to Moshiri... everyone of them could be removed with a single call.

I feel that Moshiri had advisors outside of football and listened too closely to them.

The appointment of Benitez showed how worried he was by fans opinions.

In a way he was right, because even though they were completely ignored by him in that appointment they still came back and rallied around club and team at the end of the season.

I don't think we even needed tarkowski. He's very similar to Michael keane and I would imagine tarkowski will experience the same troubles Keane has if the defence plays a high line which Burnley never do.
Totally agree actually - our defending has less to do with the players (without saying they’re world beaters) but the players in front of them. Think any centre back would struggle in our team with the midfield we have/lack of protection.

I mean I think the issue mainly there (not for all but a good chunk) was more that Dobbin didn't get a chance in games against Brentford etc when Rondon was clearly knackered. Not even from the bench. Same goes for Simms.

But yes, he's definitely more of a wide forward for the time being.
Errrm Simms was in Scotland mate

It's not that weird. We bought Patterson in (£12m down) and Myko (£22m), but sold Digne (£25m) who was probably on a higher/similar wage to both combined. Dele was free, Donny a loan.

Some money, not a ton. 40 odd days left of window, we're clearly being cautious with what we have available.

Mykolenko wasn't 22m - around 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back