Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's either next week or not at all for signings by August 6th. Might hear something after they return from the US.

Either way, it's as plain as day the money available and restrictions on spending are worse than initially feared. Trying to sign Cornet on an initial loan is proof enough of that.
It was only when Lampard mentioned how Arsenal are in a different phase of pre-season that it occurred to me that maybe Everton don't know about the league starting early this year.

You can have a plan, but it depends on other people. We are not in the box seat for signings, we are scrapping for dregs.

Without a doubt there IS a plan, but it is difficult to execute with no money. Do you honestly think no one is thinking about this stuff at the club???

I think they are probably having to work harder than ever to spend wisely because the budget is so tight. If we go higher with one offer, others are now unachievable.

We won’t find out about loans until later on in the window.

Our situation means that it’s not in our hands. We are not in the driving seat. I know this is frustrating, but that is the reality of where we are.
Of course I think the club has planned for it, but you said we didn’t know what league we’d be in. I just said it doesn’t matter, you should plan for both.

I understand it’s hard for the club to make deals due to the finances, but they will have known for some time what £ would be available during the summer. That’s where we should have multiple targets per position of different price ranges

Of course I think the club has planned for it, but you said we didn’t know what league we’d be in. I just said it doesn’t matter, you should plan for both.

I understand it’s hard for the club to make deals due to the finances, but they will have known for some time what £ would be available during the summer. That’s where we should have multiple targets per position of different price ranges
I’m sure we are doing all that you say.

From what I can see we have inquired about multiple targets and moved on.

It was only when Lampard mentioned how Arsenal are in a different phase of pre-season that it occurred to me that maybe Everton don't know about the league starting early this year.
Bloody leap years and world cups causing havok again! With a bit of luck we'll manage to navigate the M25 without too many issues and get to Stamford Bridge in time for kick off ? (it is a 5.30 one after all. I think. We should probably double check that at some point in the next few weeks......)

Of all the chelsea youngsters I would want Ampadu above most of them, then Gallagher.

I think Colwill is the one to get on a permanent deal. He's meant to be the 'real deal'. He and Branthwaite on long term deals could be a game changer for us.

Gallagher as well of course would be excellent.

The two below would be Ampadu and Gilmour who in fact are the two we would need the most in the short term.

Those four, along with Broja would be great signings from Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back