Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
And with 5 subs this season we actually need a larger squad, just with a lot less of the lazy injury prone overpaid snail types.
in a perfect world we need a proper defensive midfielder, 2 more creative midfielders, a right winger and an attacker. Possibly a RB too if Seamus is out.
If one of Yerry, Holgate or Keane go we'll need another CB too.

The reality is we'll probably bring in 2. A midfielder (hopefully a proper No6) and an attacker. Gomes' absence hopefully means he's off and maybe that will free up some room for a loan but I'm not confident. We'll need a near perfect season with minimal injuries and a lot of luck to not be dragged into another battle this coming season.

Please say never,he's dire.
Done well for Real Sociedad tbf, surprised they let him go (don't know if there's more to it or he just didn't want to sign a new deal).

Wouldn't be high on the list like but he's not the player that flopped after his first breakthrough at United, at least.

The season doesn't start and finish on the same day.
The manager is trying to build something slowly and is not prepared to spend a lot of money too quickly or is not allowed to spend too freely as we did in recent seasons.

I think we have to accept we will be trying to do business up until the last day of the window and the plan is to build a team more slowly than perhaps more recent managers tried to do.

When Moshiri said to judge our business at the end of the window I think more than anything that we have targets and are prepared to wait for them.... and even then we won't get them all. But, what is really important is who these additions will be.... are they quick fix solutions repeating the mistakes o
You're right of course but it's far from ideal. There'll have been 5 games before deadline day, and anyone signed at that point would be unlikely to be pitched in for the derby a little over 24 hours later either. If this season is anything remotely like last season then getting off to a slow start is a very big risk.

Weird how we threw out a ton of money in January to stay up - now that we have stayed up, we get shy ?
It's not that weird. We bought Patterson in (£12m down) and Myko (£22m), but sold Digne (£25m) who was probably on a higher/similar wage to both combined. Dele was free, Donny a loan.

Some money, not a ton. 40 odd days left of window, we're clearly being cautious with what we have available.

Don’t know why we’re still getting linked with centre backs - it’s the last area we need to focus on.

Forget centre backs, unless we shift some of our useless midfield and seriously upgrade centre mid and forward options we’re screwed!

Sounds a bit like a cigarette brand..
they've got nothing on Benson & Hedges I tell ya! Nothingggg!!

mb.webp

What was the point of surviving relegation if we're not going to have a better squad than the season we had a relegation battle? just seems futile
The point is to scrape our way into BMD as a Prem team so Moshiri can maximize the value of his asset with minimum spend as possible before possibly selling it, and recoup as much money as he can. So long as his club stays in the "top 17" for the next couple of years, everything else doesn't really matter.

Look Jorginho would be our best player because we stink but he wasn't in the top 5 players on the Chelsea or Italy teams but because he was on both a bunch of idiots decided the success was attributable to him in a major way and it just wasn't.

Italy not making the World Cup is though.

I love a proper insane take. Genuinely one of the best midfielders in the world

At this stage, I may think we are trying to bring 3-5 players in but we cant. It is because the seller doesnt accept the low transfer or payment structure. We better reconsider the budget and bring 2-3 players instead and promote 1-3 youngers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back