Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's likely to get considerably get more playing time out on loan than he is here though. He's not being sent out because we need to free up his wages or anything, he's being sent out because Lampard is effectively seeing he doesn't foresee a situation where he picks him. Loans won't always work out but neither will staying here playing under 21s. They've evidently made the decision that a loan would be beneficial for him and I would imagine he agrees. Whether it will end up with coming back ready to play for us is something we'll only find out when it happens.

That's the thing mate, we need to start being progressive with loaning players - with the purpose of a development plan.

Most of our loans out seemed to be too good for the under 23s - keep them around a year doing nothing then loan them out after often to two different sides in a season.

Not surprised we have 16yo lads jumping ship to sides which actually seem to have a development plan in place.

Analyze just who broke through at us in the past 25 years and it's grim reading.

Rooney and Barkley - both absolutely prodigious talents - and Barkley for one was sent on at least one dumb loan to a Warnock team.

Coleman (I'll classify him) and Osman, both around 23/24 when they finally started featuring? (May be a year out there) and both had multiple loans of varying standard that didn't really have any coherent plan to them.

Rodwell, Vaughan, Jeffers, none of them for varying reasons every really improved on the 20yo - natural talent like with Barkley just left to be enough - three of those 4 most certainly had 'desire/professionalism) problems too.

Gordon - crap loan - lucky break and took it through his own effort - nothing the club did really.

A few others we got excited about Danny C, Branch, Gosling, all never improved over the raw talent they had that got them noticed.

We are frankly absolutely terrible at development on younger players, the only ones who break through do it seemingly on either pure natural attributes like pace or kinda on being 'have to have a Blue in the side' like Davies and Kenny both of whom with proper development at 18-20 could have become substantially better players - if either of those lads had cone through at City or Chelsea they'd be substantially better players than they've become

Dobbin looks in fine fettle

oqnzbmmjminwtluagq9r.webp

That's the thing mate, we need to start being progressive with loaning players - with the purpose of a development plan.

Most of our loans out seemed to be too good for the under 23s - keep them around a year doing nothing then loan them out after often to two different sides in a season.

Not surprised we have 16yo lads jumping ship to sides which actually seem to have a development plan in place.

Analyze just who broke through at us in the past 25 years and it's grim reading.

Rooney and Barkley - both absolutely prodigious talents - and Barkley for one was sent on at least one dumb loan to a Warnock team.

Coleman (I'll classify him) and Osman, both around 23/24 when they finally started featuring? (May be a year out there) and both had multiple loans of varying standard that didn't really have any coherent plan to them.

Rodwell, Vaughan, Jeffers, none of them for varying reasons every really improved on the 20yo - natural talent like with Barkley just left to be enough - three of those 4 most certainly had 'desire/professionalism) problems too.

Gordon - crap loan - lucky break and took it through his own effort - nothing the club did really.

A few others we got excited about Danny C, Branch, Gosling, all never improved over the raw talent they had that got them noticed.

We are frankly absolutely terrible at development on younger players, the only ones who break through do it seemingly on either pure natural attributes like pace or kinda on being 'have to have a Blue in the side' like Davies and Kenny both of whom with proper development at 18-20 could have become substantially better players - if either of those lads had cone through at City or Chelsea they'd be substantially better players than they've become
I don't disagree with what you're saying but I think it's a simplistic way of looking at it. You can't say prodigious talents don't really count and players who break through later than average don't count and players who don't continue to improve forever don't count etc just to make the point sound better than it is. Our youth development record is average. I'd like it to be amazing but the reality is it's just OK. It's no different to most teams really, apart from the Chelseas and Citys of the world who we just simply can't compete with and so are a fairly pointless comparison.

Was there ever a definitive statement put out about our financial arrangement with the Premier League? Or was everything just based on hearsay and journo scoops?

Maybe if the club published the details of our defacto IVA - it might help the fans to understand why we aren't spending (or willing) to spend any money

It doesn’t matter that we weren’t sure on what league we’d be in, you should plan for both.

I’m not expecting us to spend big or to have spent all of the money on a replacement but to not have anything lined up is so poor
You can have a plan, but it depends on other people. We are not in the box seat for signings, we are scrapping for dregs.

Without a doubt there IS a plan, but it is difficult to execute with no money. Do you honestly think no one is thinking about this stuff at the club???

I think they are probably having to work harder than ever to spend wisely because the budget is so tight. If we go higher with one offer, others are now unachievable.

We won’t find out about loans until later on in the window.

Our situation means that it’s not in our hands. We are not in the driving seat. I know this is frustrating, but that is the reality of where we are.

Januzaj is being offered around. We were approached late last week. There was no interest our end then as we have other targets. Might that change? Never say never.
He's one of those players that I'd totally forgot existed.

He's also the type of player that I'm imagining is about 22, still up-and-coming, but when I look him up he'll be 29.

In fact, I've just done so. He's 27. So not far off!

No, but I had read that he played well for them, and played more mins than most players.

He is clearly a talented lad and at only 21 has load of mins and experience.

I like him.

Surely need to watch a player before you can have a true opinion. Gallagher was great for palace, england call up and established in the prem.

We tend to only buy or loan players that don't even play or need at least a few months to remember what a football does. I'm sure we are just biding our time for such a player to become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back