Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've spent it on whatever bizarre arrangement we have in place with the Premier League to not punish us for spunking illegal amounts of money over the past 3-5 years

I fully agree that we can't go into the season as we are - but we might be legally prohibited in how much money we can spend

I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for the club to think outside of the box when it comes to signing players - especially with a new DoF and a young manager, but the players we have been linked with suggests otherwise

if we don’t spend mate i don’t care how etc or what we need to

relegation is a cert

Dobbin needs a full years loan somewhere he can play every week.

….but loanees aren’t guaranteed game time, indeed youngsters will often struggle after a move & find themselves out of the team. Points are precious, their development will not be in the mind of the new manager.

Posters think going on loan is a La La Land where youngsters will flourish but it rarely turns out to be the case.

Dobbin can play effectively from the right, it’s a position we’re not strong in. If he’s going to be a PL player for us, I much prefer he stays here working under the guidance of the manager and coaches & training daily alongside international footballers.

if he’s exceptional Lampard will want to use him. Players have to be exceptional to break through.

so has he actually been good recently? i doubt ive seen him play a game since he left england

I looked at transfermarked, based on his stats, he hasnt evolved at all. 5 seasons in Spain, 15 goals and assists. 3 pr season in spain is not very good.

I think given the constraints we find ourselves under and Lampard seemingly having the aim to add players to the squad who are gifted on the ball and in possession, he would be a good budget friendly pick up for the squad.

The player to compare him to in our squad would probably be Demarai Gray - a budget addition to the squad, who is inconsistent but has great acceleration, good with both feet, and perhaps a bit too selfish on the ball with a penchant for a wasteful shot from outside the box. Similarly he has struggled to be a first team starter at every club he's been due to injuries and so on; I think the link is probably jarg but it does make sense to me

I was expecting movement early this week. Now 3 weeks since we sold one of our best players without replacing him.

I know we have to get this window right but getting it right and being patient is no longer an excuse for the lack of incomings. We had to know our best player was likely to leave months ago. We play multiple games before the window closes. Not buying this squad is anywhere near top half material as it stands. A couple of injuries and it’s one of the worst squads in the league.

….but loanees aren’t guaranteed game time, indeed youngsters will often struggle after a move & find themselves out of the team. Points are precious, their development will not be in the mind of the new manager.

Posters think going on loan is a La La Land where youngsters will flourish but it rarely turns out to be the case.

Dobbin can play effectively from the right, it’s a position we’re not strong in. If he’s going to be a PL player for us, I much prefer he stays here working under the guidance of the manager and coaches & training daily alongside international footballers.

if he’s exceptional Lampard will want to use him. Players have to be exceptional to break through.
He's likely to get considerably get more playing time out on loan than he is here though. He's not being sent out because we need to free up his wages or anything, he's being sent out because Lampard is effectively seeing he doesn't foresee a situation where he picks him. Loans won't always work out but neither will staying here playing under 21s. They've evidently made the decision that a loan would be beneficial for him and I would imagine he agrees. Whether it will end up with coming back ready to play for us is something we'll only find out when it happens.

I think given the constraints we find ourselves under and Lampard seemingly having the aim to add players to the squad who are gifted on the ball and in possession, he would be a good budget friendly pick up for the squad.

The player to compare him to in our squad would probably be Demarai Gray - a budget addition to the squad, who is inconsistent but has great acceleration, good with both feet, and perhaps a bit too selfish on the ball with a penchant for a wasteful shot from outside the box. Similarly he has struggled to be a first team starter at every club he's been due to injuries and so on; I think the link is probably jarg but it does make sense to me
You have to ask why he was allowed to run down his contact and why coming into late July nobody else has shown interest.

Yes we have known, but until a few weeks ago we didnt know what league we would be in.

Our league position means we are not a particularly attractive destination. Loans won’t happen until the end of the window as clubs assess players and look for the best loan options.

In terms of purchases, we clearly have a very limited budget. They are trying to maximise it by offering deferred payment terms etc. I doubt any purchases will happen until the end of the window when we are the only option.

Wd might not like it, but the first part of the plan was selling Richarlison to avoid fines and points penalties. The second part of the plan is obviously changing continuously with transfer market intelligence. Wd cannot move until the situation suits us, we simply don’t have the money.
It doesn’t matter that we weren’t sure on what league we’d be in, you should plan for both.

I’m not expecting us to spend big or to have spent all of the money on a replacement but to not have anything lined up is so poor

I think loaning players works best when you start having a history with the loaning club mate (Chelsea as an example do with certain teams - the Dutch club - Vitesse and to a lesser extent West Brom and Saints) once you do have that then the pressure is on the club to play them more to not jeopardize the future relationship.

We kinda just send ours anywhere ??.

Also as the parent club you need to maintain that close contact - doing so kinda helps hugely I feel.

You have to ask why he was allowed to run down his contact and why coming into late July nobody else has shown interest.

Fair point regards not being picked up yet but again it's probably the same as it was for Gray at the super cheap 2m (who signed for us on the 22nd) - most teams don't have the financial constraints that we have and don't have the need for a mercurial talent who has only shown glimpses of being able to succeed in English football. Regrettably we have been forced into chasing players who are undervalued by everyone else due to the stewardship of the club over the past 5 years

In terms of running down his contract, the way the game has gone its in most players interest to run down their contracts for bigger signing on fees - Bernard to us an obvious example in recent times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back