Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely need to watch a player before you can have a true opinion. Gallagher was great for palace, england call up and established in the prem.

I want both, I like Ampadu for the defence - Obviously.

Seen plenty of him, just not last season.

I was of the understanding that they weren’t signing it off any more so we have have free rein to sign players but that might be looked at after the fact just like any other club but who really knows with the way this crazy club is run
As I understand it, the Prem basically need to sign off on every bit of incoming business we do as per last season to ensure rule compliance.

It's either next week or not at all for signings by August 6th. Might hear something after they return from the US.

Either way, it's as plain as day the money available and restrictions on spending are worse than initially feared. Trying to sign Cornet on an initial loan is proof enough of that.

All eyes on the game now so unlikely for anything to progress untilFriday. When do they all fly back to the UK?

Isn’t that why thellwell stayed in the UK though to work on the transfers? Alan Myers said something similar, that we won’t be signing anyone till after the preseason tour, nothing is close, etc. seems odd to me, like it’s an excuse. It’s worrying, I am feeling now that we will only sign free players or loans.

Can you go back to last season and tell everyone that when they were boiling their brains that he wasn’t starting PL games ahead of Rondon
I mean I think the issue mainly there (not for all but a good chunk) was more that Dobbin didn't get a chance in games against Brentford etc when Rondon was clearly knackered. Not even from the bench. Same goes for Simms.

But yes, he's definitely more of a wide forward for the time being.

Thank you. Lost count of the arguments I had with people on here and Twitter last season when Rondon was the only striker we had available with people saying we should start Dobbin instead. May as well have advocated playing Gray up front, same difference
I think the frustration in some with that came with Rondon playing the whole game etc and Dobbin not even getting a run out

Fair point regards not being picked up yet but again it's probably the same as it was for Gray at the super cheap 2m (who signed for us on the 22nd) - most teams don't have the financial constraints that we have and don't have the need for a mercurial talent who has only shown glimpses of being able to succeed in English football. Regrettably we have been forced into chasing players who are undervalued by everyone else due to the stewardship of the club over the past 5 years

In terms of running down his contract, the way the game has gone its in most players interest to run down their contracts for bigger signing on fees - Bernard to us an obvious example in recent times
Bernard didn't end too well. Highlights how poor our scouting network is when free transfers nobody else wants are who we are being linked with.

It's either next week or not at all for signings by August 6th. Might hear something after they return from the US.

Either way, it's as plain as day the money available and restrictions on spending are worse than initially feared. Trying to sign Cornet on an initial loan is proof enough of that.
The season doesn't start and finish on the same day.
The manager is trying to build something slowly and is not prepared to spend a lot of money too quickly or is not allowed to spend too freely as we did in recent seasons.

I think we have to accept we will be trying to do business up until the last day of the window and the plan is to build a team more slowly than perhaps more recent managers tried to do.

When Moshiri said to judge our business at the end of the window I think more than anything that we have targets and are prepared to wait for them.... and even then we won't get them all. But, what is really important is who these additions will be.... are they quick fix solutions repeating the mistakes o

Surely lamps knows what a decent midfielder looks like
_123104372_alli-index.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back