Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our owner said we are trying to buy players.
Our manager said we are trying to buy players.
No doubt our CEO, Chairman and DoF will be saying it soon.

Nobody has been left out to dry, yet.
No one has been left out to dry yet but the manager certainly hasn't been supported yet.

I have lots of faith in the manager being the man for the job but virtually no faith he will get the support he needs and deserves from the club.

Just over a fortnight till we play meaningful football and we are nowhere near ready. Trying isn't good enough.

No one has been left out to dry yet but the manager certainly hasn't been supported yet.

I have lots of faith in the manager being the man for the job but virtually no faith he will get the support he needs and deserves from the club.

Just over a fortnight till we play meaningful football and we are nowhere near ready. Trying isn't good enough.
I guess im just Zen cos I could see this coming a mile away.

31st August our transfer window begins.

I think his country has a lot of history of producing not just average players but quite a few world class players and a hell of a lot of way above average players
Key word there, history. Name one world class player to come from Scotland in the past 15-20 years?

I don't know about you lads but another issue with getting nobody of note in before the season is you can't muster enthusiasm or any hope that this season will be anything other than another struggle. We finished 16th and sold our best player that's all I keep thinking negative or realistic? Yes Tarks strengthens the defence a bit but the midfield is a calamity and we badly lack threat now Richy has gone. It's like the board have hung the manager, DOF and fans out to dry despite all our efforts to keep us up.

“Tarks” really bugs me for some reason

Key word there, history. Name one world class player to come from Scotland in the past 15-20 years?
Mate, we went through a period where we weren’t producing so many good players, but it’s been changing. You go look at the youth teams for all the big teams in England, lots of Scots. Emilio Lawrence just left Everton for Man City, attacking midfielder 16, was playing for Everton’s U23’s. Even the Old Firm are struggling to keep their best young players because the likes of Man City, Liverpool keep taking them.
You just bought Patterson, 20 y/o, he’s got the potential to go very far in the game. And at Rangers there’s another right back 18 y/o who looks a real good player, Devine. Alex Lowry at Rangers looks a pretty special talent, 18 y/o. Calvin Ramsey, 18 just moved to Liverpool, Aaron Hickey 19 Brentford. You beginning to see a pattern? We’ve got young players at Bayern Munich, I think they’re just starting to get into the U23’s. Scotland never produced players, not for lack of talent, but lack of opportunities. That seems to be changing, give it another couple of years and the chances are you’ll start to see more young Scottish players in the Premiership first teams. They are already there in numbers in the youth setups.

Mate, we went through a period where we weren’t producing so many good players, but it’s been changing. You go look at the youth teams for all the big teams in England, lots of Scots. Emilio Lawrence just left Everton for Man City, attacking midfielder 16, was playing for Everton’s U23’s. Even the Old Firm are struggling to keep their best young players because the likes of Man City, Liverpool keep taking them.
You just bought Patterson, 20 y/o, he’s got the potential to go very far in the game. And at Rangers there’s another right back 18 y/o who looks a real good player, Devine. Alex Lowry at Rangers looks a pretty special talent, 18 y/o. Calvin Ramsey, 18 just moved to Liverpool, Aaron Hickey 19 Brentford. You beginning to see a pattern? We’ve got young players at Bayern Munich, I think they’re just starting to get into the U23’s. Scotland never produced players, not for lack of talent, but lack of opportunities. That seems to be changing, give it another couple of years and the chances are you’ll start to see more young Scottish players in the Premiership first teams. They are already there in numbers in the youth setups.
Scotland and Ireland are really starting to get youth teams in order. Brexit has been a blessing for the Irish lads, quiet a few have gone to Italy and German clubs this summer which was unheard off before.

It was in response to the keyword 'started', they have already started. That said, Andy Robertson is right up there in world fullbacks. If u are looking for an above average player then John McGinn and McTominay fit that bill.

Ross Wilson to be a Premier League golden boot winner in the years to come :)

I had forgotten about Hickey, a really good fullback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back