Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've gone from being absolutely rinsed when teams knew we had £££ to now not being able to sign anyone because Bill 'BrightHouse' Kenwright is trying to sign players on 60 month payment plans with nothing up front when other teams can actually pay £10m cash for the player.

A complete joke of a business.
It's Kenwright that is the joke. He seems to be front and centre in all our transfer dealings. So that would explain the crap deals over the last 10-15 years.

I'm least concerned about our attack even with Richarlison gone. We have to stop conceding free goals. Even in the space of two friendlies we've given away a pathetic corner goal, a limp handball penalty, and a sliding into your own net own goal. You can get away with not scoring loads; it's handing leads to the opposition every game that puts you in real trouble.
Our goals for will be weak, but our midfield has been absolutely shattered already and our defense can't handle it in any shape or form. The best way forward might be to bring in one athletic DM who can get around the pitch and one who can keep possession. I'd also bring in Colwill from Chelsea and keep Mina so that we never have to see Keane again. Let Godfrey take RB if Patterson can't handle it defensively yet. See if he can replicate how he played at LB a couple of seasons ago. One of our best stretches under Carlo was with 4 CBs. It was terrible but effective. Mykolenko - Mina - Tarkowski - Godfrey with a proper DM in front of them would at the very least solidify us enough.

I'm least concerned about our attack even with Richarlison gone. We have to stop conceding free goals. Even in the space of two friendlies we've given away a pathetic corner goal, a limp handball penalty, and a sliding into your own net own goal. You can get away with not scoring loads; it's handing leads to the opposition every game that puts you in real trouble.
The problem is mainly the powder puff midfield sitting in front of it and the non existent defensive talents of wide players such as Gray and Gordon. Patterson and Nkounkou don't seem too hot defensively either..

Kean too, it was a bit of a disaster that window lets be honest.
The money spent was too high. You can't keep signing players for 25m-30m. Lesson learned there.

But to try and evaluate a strategy off of one window of a couple signings is a bad idea. We need to commit to something.

Right now we need to get back to basics:

Defence

Pickford
Patterson - Mina - Tarkowski - Godfrey - Mykolenko

We have to play to our strengths (hahahahaha) but ultimately getting a solid back line because they will be the difference between a point and a loss, it will add up and if we don't bed this defence in quickly we'll be chopping formations or swapping for lesser defensive options.

Midfield

Doucoure and 2 new signings

Linked to Gilmore, Winks etc etc, we need 2 new signings who have the engagement and energy in this league. Gbamin, Allan, Gomes, Davies just haven't got it for me and to ask someone like Warrington or Onyango would be a step to far.

Dele is not happening for me

We have to prioritize these positions NOW.

Possible signings:
Winks
Gilmore

Attack

Gordon/Gray/New signing - DCL

This has to be our worst attacking threat for a long long time. I see a striker IF given service will get 10+ goals and 2 hit and miss wingers who you won't bet get 10 goals between them.

Simms or Rondon are bench fodder and then we are really struggling with Dobbin expected to go out on loan. We can't replace Richarlison because we don't have the money or the swing to get a better player so this worries me.

Possible signings:
Broja
Cornet
Dennis
MGW

Judge me at the end of the transfer market - Moshiri

Heaven Help Us

I'd prefer Gilmour if we are loaning from Chelsea. Then get a playmaker from somewhere. Barkley is a no from me but if we did go there it summs up the desperation of the club. We went for MGW but can't afford him, where was the diligence in understanding this weeks ago?

He is the biggest rat ever and I can't stand him, would he get in out team? yes and he would be our best MF player. That is were we are at
That's the dilemma. I would probably take him if we can't get anyone else for that position but I wouldn't enjoy accepting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back