Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Thelwell and Lampard are working together right now. But going for players from other leagues doesn't guarantee success either. It does come with its own risks but the price is usually lower. Players that have adapted to PL come without that risk, but the off-putting part is the price - which seems to be why we've only wanted certain players on loan (Winks, for example).

We have approached Lille for Onana and like the lad at Wolfsburg.

Look at 2019 window. We bought Kean and Gbamin from outside the PL, not including Gomes who was here already, and it didn't exactly work out. It shouldn't matter what league they play in, just if they're good enough and the right deal can be done.
I accept the risk/reward aspect of it all and if we signed more of a mixture of established PL players and more speculative overseas prospects then that would be fine but we don't. We predominantly sign supposedly established PL talent for big fees and on big wages and also expensive overseas players. The two examples you gave, Kean and Gbamin both cost more than £20m each, that's not what I'm talking about us doing. We should be looking for <£10m players on lower wages from abroad so that if and when they're rubbish it's not going to cripple us and if they're good we can offer higher wages and extended contracts. Lots of other clubs speculate like this. We seem immune to it as a strategy and would rather sign Harry Winks and Maxwell Cornet on big salaries and probably sizeable fees. It's self-defeating.

As much as I doubt it'll happen, there is a logic of sorts to it: sell 1 injury prone striker who has gotten to double figures twice in his career, buy a couple of more versatile players who can add to the overall squad strength.

As important as DCL's goals this season could be to us if we play to his strengths, £60m does seem too good to reject if it can be reinvested in full - and reinvested wisely of course.
60mil brings in 3 players who can help if we know what we’re doing. So it probably would end up meaning Barkley for 30mil and the rest to Aaron Ramsey.

Pages after pages of just rubbish links // lads playing footie manager // other trans fans taking the urine .. what a club we are hey !! Surely only club to go backwards after millions pumped into it !! After watching that tripe the other night if Barkley // Gilmour do come in we get behind them in my mind !! We aren’t a big draw anymore !! Sad to see the demise of the club as it is currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back