Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like Dendoncker, think he'd be a very shrewd signing if for around £15m and on a 3 year deal.

He's a purely defensive-midfielder who has shown he can play as centre-back as well (in a 2 or 3). Out-and-out ball-winner, he adds nothing at all creatively (that's a GIGANTIC hole we have to fill) but we need someone to go in that middle-three and just get bloody stuck in also. He'd do that, a real steady-eddy player. Reminds me a bit of Carlsey actually, never a headline-grabber but by-God did he do some absolutely vital jobs in the side.

Lage tried him as a box-to-box type last year and it was obviously not what he was suited too so don't let any recent stats be how you judge him. I think he'd be solid as a rock for us.
I agree. This is one I'd be keen on. In an ideal world we'd get someone younger but in that position we really need a fairly risk-free hit the ground running solution and that's this guy. He's a big lad too so useful given our issues defending set pieces, and getting his physical presence in there would allow Gilmour, Winks or even Warrington to go in alongside and be the creator.

I don't think he's advocating spending big. Quite the opposite. I think Dele and VDB are exactly the type of deals he's saying we should avoid, not advocating doing more of them.
Yes absolutely.

And we just have to stop thinking that unwanted players from PL clubs above us and the better players on relegated sides are good targets. Sometimes they are, but not at the volume we seem to want to go after them.

It’s looking like we’re literally only allowed to sign players in England

Reckon we made a deal with the PL that we’d only spend our money here, to get them off our cases

So the Newcastle purchase of Nick Pope was done on instalments, which Burnley are then borrowing on to get the money up front. Presumably we are looking to structure the Cornet deal similarly, but I imagine they are holding out on us since they feel we screwed them. Still, shows it's not uncommon for deals to be done that way, even with Newcastle's much higher budget.

Is FFP not the problem facing Everton as opposed to cash flow? Instalments have no impact on FFP and do not impact profit and loss calculations. The only reason for instalments is if the club have cash flow challenges.

Is FFP not the problem facing Everton as opposed to cash flow? Instalments have no impact on FFP and do not impact profit and loss calculations. The only reason for instalments is if the club have cash flow challenges.
This has been confusing me tbh, as I thought the same, but apparently we are trying to do everything this summer with very low up front payments. It's quite possible cash flow is an issue too if Moshiri has decided to put his wallet away pending a sale. That said there must be some advantage to doing it in instalments, whether FFP or something else, because Newcastle clearly have no issues with cash flow but are choosing to do transfers this way.

So the Newcastle purchase of Nick Pope was done on instalments, which Burnley are then borrowing on to get the money up front. Presumably we are looking to structure the Cornet deal similarly, but I imagine they are holding out on us since they feel we screwed them. Still, shows it's not uncommon for deals to be done that way, even with Newcastle's much higher budget.

so burnley's player of the season got sold for 7 mil with 2.3 mil up front and they want the full 18 mil up front for Cornet

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

This has been confusing me tbh, as I thought the same, but apparently we are trying to do everything this summer with very low up front payments. It's quite possible cash flow is an issue too if Moshiri has decided to put his wallet away pending a sale. That said there must be some advantage to doing it in instalments, whether FFP or something else, because Newcastle clearly have no issues with cash flow but are choosing to do transfers this way.

Most transfers are paid on the drip. Not all, but when one is a massive upfront payment, its news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back