D5EB99AC-B4DC-4B8C-A7CA-6C95740465DA.jpeg

2 loans + 3 perms = 5 players

Gilmour loan
Cornet - 18 mil
Broja - 35 mil
Barkley - free
Second loan - worst case scenario Winks

What’s a loan fee these days 1-2 mil?

So that’s 4 mil on loans, let’s say 10 mil up front for cornet and 15 mil up front for Broja that’s 29 mil on 5 players with some change left over to try and sort a deal for MGW or Colwill

Easy peasy
I've emailed Thelwell to give you a job, told him did all this while sat at home in nothing more than a pair of skid mark ridden ball stranglers.

Most clubs buy the replacement first then sell the player

We sell the player, ponder about the replacement, do nothing, then react at the last minute and overspend on a bag of crap
We couldn’t sign the replacement first as we needed the Richarlison money on last year’s accounts. If you buy someone before that it defeats the point of selling him when we did.

I agree I’d rather we had people lined up to go after July 1st but we clearly don’t have much money and maybe for once we are being sensible.

The 98 mil is amortised over 5 years of something so on the ‘accounts’ it’s only showing as like 35 mil spent for this season

If all else fails do a Barca and get a lever
You think like Moshiri and Zat and it only works if you are not intending on signing any other players for the next 5 years, otherwise you post record losses, like Everton.

We managed to spend the Digne money fast

surely the financials aren't so bad we can't spend the Richarlison fee

But we wouldn't 'rather sign Winks or Cornet' for sizeable fees mate, because we quite literally haven't signed Winks because Spurs were demanding an obligation, and so far it looks like we've offered a loan deal only for Cornet
Then who are we going to sign? If we can't afford Harry Winks and Maxwell Cornet, who let's face it are pretty uninspiring signings, I shudder to think about the kind of dross we'll end up with

Status
Not open for further replies.