Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

We keep getting linked with Chelsea players, Broja, Gilmour and Barkley. But the new fifa rules are a club can only loan out 8 players and Chelsea now have 8 players out on loan. So if we are looking at any of these players they must be as permanent signings. Given our financial position I would imagine these would have to be paid over a long time or structured like the Dele Ali deal.
The loan rules don't count for certain players.

Players under a certain age and or homegrown aren't included in the limit.

I would have to check to be sure on the criteria.

If we really are struggling to buy players, I would seriously consider converting Godfrey to a DM if we are struggling to play him as a CD...

He can tackle, he can pass the ball forward 5 metres, and he is quick and no need to head a ball too often...get into a ball playing midfielder and that person can do the Defence splitting passes...hopefully Frank can teach him to read the game and we could save ourselves a shedload of money.
please next time you watch Godfrey count the number of times he looks forward but then decides to switch and pass it sideways once he gets a little bit of pressure. I think he is not good enough for DM with his passing & vision. For me he is a centre back in a back 3 where he can cover the right of left hand side. with his pace & strenght

please next time you watch Godfrey count the number of times he looks forward but then decides to switch and pass it sideways once he gets a little bit of pressure. I think he is not good enough for DM with his passing & vision. For me he is a centre back in a back 3 where he can cover the right of left hand side. with his pace & strenght
Just short little forward passes; he's main job is to protect the back four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back