Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring the obvious disgust at some of his views, I asked my brother how Gana has got on this year at PSG. My brother watches loads of their games as he is of the generation that grew up idolising Messi. My brother also loved Gana when he was with us and he was one of his favourite players. He reckons Gana just can't cover the ground anymore and the Evertonians are going to flip when they see that.

Can't say I noticed this, as he still looked good when I saw him. The caveat is though, that even though I like to watch a lot of Ligue 1, I try not to watch PSG as much as the other sides - find it less interesting somehow.

However, the classic 'he's better than what we have' was said ?

The McNeil transfer, if true, has wound me right up.

Yes, with the new 5-sub rule we have the scope to get more game time for more players. Yes, to do that we need better players in the squad.

However, the preferred way to do this is to sign better players than the ones we currently have. That way the existing starters that aren't quite what we need (for example Coleman, Allan, Doucoure and Gray) get pushed down to the subs bench, displacing worse players out of the match day squad entirely.

McNeil doesn't do that. He just sits on the bench while Gordon and Gray play whatever wide left role is needed.

At least Vinagre (another new face that isn't good enough to displace anyone in the starting XI) is only a loan. McNeil is costing us a transfer fee, and therefore indirectly diminishes our ability to sign the CMs and right-sided wings/forwards we need.

Not the player's fault that the club has decided to offer money for him, but it's a very questionable transfer IMHO. I can't even see how it provides cover in any particular position that would allow us to sell another player and bring in more money than we're paying for McNeil.
It doesn’t diminish anything let’s be honest here, we can still sign a midfielder AND have an extra wing option if we strike the right deals like with McNeil

Given the low fee asked, surely there is scope to sign Vranckx? Then try and get at least one quality forward in (like Terrier).

If you could then maybe take Gana on loan, Rat-boy on a free and Broja on loan that would be a decent window wouldn't it? I'd personally like us to move on some deadwood and sign Gilmour too but that can't all happen.

I feel we need at least one quality signing.

The McNeil transfer, if true, has wound me right up.

Yes, with the new 5-sub rule we have the scope to get more game time for more players. Yes, to do that we need better players in the squad.

However, the preferred way to do this is to sign better players than the ones we currently have. That way the existing starters that aren't quite what we need (for example Coleman, Allan, Doucoure and Gray) get pushed down to the subs bench, displacing worse players out of the match day squad entirely.

McNeil doesn't do that. He just sits on the bench while Gordon and Gray play whatever wide left role is needed.

At least Vinagre (another new face that isn't good enough to displace anyone in the starting XI) is only a loan. McNeil is costing us a transfer fee, and therefore indirectly diminishes our ability to sign the CMs and right-sided wings/forwards we need.

Not the player's fault that the club has decided to offer money for him, but it's a very questionable transfer IMHO. I can't even see how it provides cover in any particular position that would allow us to sell another player and bring in more money than we're paying for McNeil.

He'd be the best ball carrier, dribbler, crosser and chance creator.

Where Gray infuriates because hes so selfish but 'looks' exciting because of his pace...McNeil walks into the team ahead of him.

Ive posted this twice before so a bit repetitive but:

Left: Mykolenko / Gordon
Right: Patterson / McNeil

When you think about it, theres a lot to be excited about there.

In an ideal world, we now go and get Colwill, a DM and Broja.

Given the low fee asked, surely there is scope to sign Vranckx? Then try and get at least one quality forward in (like Terrier).

If you could then maybe take Gana on loan, Rat-boy on a free and Broja on loan that would be a decent window wouldn't it? I'd personally like us to move on some deadwood and sign Gilmour too but that can't all happen.

Amine Gouri is the French forward I'd like us to sign.

It would only cost that if they both agree to play for free and have no signing on fee.

Cheers Johnny obvious!!!

I was blatantly referring to the lump sum we'd have to pay towards their agreed price.

Anything else you want to state the bleeding obvious about? Perhaps explain that we breath oxygen.

Cheers Johnny obvious!!!

I was blatantly referring to the lump sum we'd have to pay towards their agreed price.

Anything else you want to state the bleeding obvious about? Perhaps explain that we breath oxygen.
Erm, we breathe air. Only a minor component of which is oxygen.

Just saying.

1658968106964.webp

Amine Gouri is the French forward I'd like us to sign.
Quality player, no doubt. And a better age than Terrier. But aren't Nice absolutely minted these days? Surely would take about £50m to seriously make them consider the sale.

Think we'd struggle enough trying to structure the £30-35m Rennes supposedly want for Terrier.

He'd be the best ball carrier, dribbler, crosser and chance creator.

Where Gray infuriates because hes so selfish but 'looks' exciting because of his pace...McNeil walks into the team ahead of him.

Ive posted this twice before so a bit repetitive but:

When you think about it, theres a lot to be excited about there.

In an ideal world, we now go and get Colwill, a DM and Broja.

There's a fine line between excited and scared. Those flanks reflect our reality - comfortably bottom half of the table.

George Michael
Dwight McNeil
- Graeme Bailey ⬆️

Andrew Ridgeley

Pepsi & Shirlie

❌Gavin Bazunu -
Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El Bobble ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi
Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Mohamed Bayo - footmercato ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Palhinha - RecordPT ** Owen Wijndal - @MikeVerweij ** Jack Clarke - Greame Bailey ** Luis Sinisterra - telegraaf ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Tyler Adams - Bild ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ❌

⚽Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Otávio - Eljogo ** Matheus Nunes - footmercato ** Zaidu Sanusi - Record_Portugal ** Hamza Choudhury - Tom Hopkinson ** Pape Abou Cissé - Ekrem Konur ** Andrey Santos - Le10Sport ** Luca Pellegrini - Corriere dello ** Georginio Wijnaldum - psvreport ** Tino Anjorin - Simon Phillips ** Lucas Moura - Matt Law ** Tanguy Ndombele - Greame Bailey ** Matt Doherty - Greame Bailey ** Joe Rodon - Alex Crook ** El Bilal Toure - Greame Bailey ** ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Andrea Belotti - Daily Mail ** Emmanuel Dennis - @louorns ** Rodrigo Becão - Rich Jones ** Amadou Onana - El Bobble ** Japhet Tanganga - @Glongari ** Kyle Walker-Peters - Maddocks ** Charles De Ketelaere - Gazzetta dello Sport ** Edin Dzeko - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Anass Salah Edinne - Mike Verweij ** Benjamin Bourigeaud - tuttomercatoweb ** Marcus Tavernier - Greame Bailey ** Jean-Clair Todibo -Nice_Matin **Arnaud Kalimuendo - Graeme Bailey ** Aster Vranckx - Loic Tanzi ** Layvin Kurzawa - mediafoot - Adnan Januzaj - AS.com ** Leander Dendoncker - FabrizioRomano ** Ross Barkley -siphillipssport ** Morgan Gibbs-White - @SportsPeteO ** Maxwell Cornet -Mike McGrath ** Guido Rodríguez - CLMerlo **Martin Terrier - ElBobble ** Lucas Paqueta - calciomercato ** Idrissa Gana Gueye - ElBobble ⚽

4yIj.gif

Simon Le Bon
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law ✍️
Ruben Vinagre - bancadadeleao ✍️

If McNeil does end up getting signed, then I think the boards aim is Dennis as another attacker, Guido Rodriguez as the only other purchase at DM, then 1 CM and 1 CB on loan and call it a window. One of the loans most likely from Chelsea.

If McNeil does end up getting signed, then I think the boards aim is Dennis as another attacker, Guido Rodriguez as the only other purchase at DM, then 1 CM and 1 CB on loan and call it a window. One of the loans most likely from Chelsea.
Must be Gilmour.

Sounds like a Star Trek character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back