Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess in McNeil they are getting somebody who can run past people, retain the ball, has the vision for a pass / cross / corner and isn't too shabby defensively.

Honestly, we could do with that in midfield.

The stick to beat him with is that he doesn't score - that (Broja ?) and DM (who knows..) would have to be the next part of the puzzle.

As always with Everton it seems to come to down to who is easily available - probably because we can't overpay and we aren't a massive draw right now.
That's a solid analysis.

In the context of all of the signings, it will be interesting to see what they offer in terms of character and commitment also. I'd be amazed going off Lampards comments last season if the need to get "good" lads in that respect isn't also considered a big factor. Tarkowski already seems to be made of the right stuff in that respect and I assume he'll have given an opinion on McNeill.

We badly need goals though, for whatever other qualities signings bring we are dangerously exposed on that front. It's the difference between turning a defeat into a draw and a draw to a win sometimes. My hunch is that we may need to wait until the end of the window if it's someone like Broja we are looking at. I'd also like to see us use a loan slot on a bit of a wildcard player who might offer something different in the last third. We are playing very safe and on loan could roll the dice on one signing just a little.

I hear today we will allocate TIME AND MONEY for a loan for a window cleaner. Right footed. Crickets on the no 6 progress though.

Everton is delighted to announce weve hired left footed vacuum cleaner jockey Guy Thanksalot on loan from Leyton O. Kevin Thellwell, sporting director: we put in many hours and effort to hire this giant prospect. A rough diamont that will give us plenty of shiny clan carpets when we walk down to the championship.
You on the Colombian marching powder again?

I guess in McNeil they are getting somebody who can run past people, retain the ball, has the vision for a pass / cross / corner and isn't too shabby defensively.

Honestly, we could do with that in midfield.

The stick to beat him with is that he doesn't score - that (Broja ?) and DM (who knows..) would have to be the next part of the puzzle.

As always with Everton it seems to come to down to who is easily available - probably because we can't overpay and we aren't a massive draw right now.
When I looked at the video of him, he has all the skills to be deadly. His close control and dribbling should get him into dangerous positions, but he shoots from too far out. I think they will be able to work on that side of his game.

Does seem to have legs this.

My sources say we have approached Fairfield 24 and enquire for ytheir star 56 year old DM player. Hes had a new hip but in training managed to speed up to 4 miles per hour at least!

WHAT WE GONNA DO WITH OLD DM?!?!?!??!??? SHOWS SOME DAMN AMBTITION!!! If we sign this guy I really have to reconsider my fan being for Everton. Its been a train wreck for months now. This is not the top 6 club I was supporting!!

When I looked at the video of him, he has all the skills to be deadly. His close control and dribbling should get him into dangerous positions, but he shoots from too far out. I think they will be able to work on that side of his game.
Basically this McNeil guy sounds very similar to Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back