Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwight McNeil; a young Andros Townsend.

I’d be very disappointed with this signing; he featured intermittently towards the end of the season for Burnley and his production is average to say the least.

He'd be the best ball carrier, dribbler, crosser and chance creator.

Where Gray infuriates because hes so selfish but 'looks' exciting because of his pace...McNeil walks into the team ahead of him.

Ive posted this twice before so a bit repetitive but:

Left: Mykolenko / Gordon
Right: Patterson / McNeil

When you think about it, theres a lot to be excited about there.

In an ideal world, we now go and get Colwill, a DM and Broja.
Both like to cut inside and if playing with wing backs would make room pats and Myko

Linked with last month: Gallagher, Belotti/Broja,Becao & Onana.

Linked with this month: McNeil, Cornet,Denis, Gueye & Max Aarons.

Apart from Gueye we really are left with the Sheet on the shelf ?

So after McNeil do we think one more attacking player and a defensive midfielder? Gomes, Gbamin and Nkonkou moved on?
Think we will see at least three more in mate. I personally feel it'll be 4.

My guess is a defensive midfielder (Gueye or the argie lad) a box to box (Gallacher or MGW) a cf and a deep lying pivot 6.

We haven't used our two domestic loan spots yet I'm almost certain we will use both and possibly one more loan from abroad too.

If I'm betting on who I'm gonna say (Gallacher loan, Broja buy, Gueye loan and Gilmour buy)

Mate. Come on.

Sadly suspect you're right though. Spending what little cash we have on Dwight McNeil when we need a 6, an 8, a wide right forward and a backup CF... demoralising, to say the least.

It's not mate, it actually for me says that (for whatever reason) we now have more money to spend than we originally had.

Everton is delighted to announce weve hired left footed vacuum cleaner jockey Guy Thanksalot on loan from Leyton O. Kevin Thellwell, sporting director: we put in many hours and effort to hire this giant prospect. A rough diamont that will give us plenty of shiny clan carpets when we walk down to the championship.

Dwight McNeil; a young Andros Townsend.

I’d be very disappointed with this signing; he featured intermittently towards the end of the season for Burnley and his production is average to say the least.
He started 35 times for them last season including starting in everyone of their last 8 and came on as a sub for the 3 games he didnt start. Not sure where you arr getting your info from.

Left: Mykolenko / Gordon
Right: Patterson / McNeil

There's a fine line between excited and scared. Those flanks reflect our reality - comfortably bottom half of the table.

Don't know about that really, both them wingers work hard and will track back, coming a bit more round to McNeil, looking at some of his vids, he's definitely a baller, beats players for fun and can cross. We definitely need a defensive mid, but my one real worry is whose going to score our goals ? Who will lift the burden off DCL and will DCL remain fit enough for the season.

I guess in McNeil they are getting somebody who can run past people, retain the ball, has the vision for a pass / cross / corner and isn't too shabby defensively.

Honestly, we could do with that in midfield.

The stick to beat him with is that he doesn't score - that (Broja ?) and DM (who knows..) would have to be the next part of the puzzle.

As always with Everton it seems to come to down to who is easily available - probably because we can't overpay and we aren't a massive draw right now.

Don't know about that really, both them wingers work hard and will track back, coming a bit more round to McNeil, looking at some of his vids, he's definitely a baller, beats players for fun and can cross. We definitely need a defensive mid, but my one real worry is whose going to score our goals ? Who will lift the burden off DCL and will DCL remain fit enough for the season.
Dele’s a good goal scorer, with his feet and head, I like how he finds himself in good spaces, quite similar to Tim Cahill at that really, so playing behind DCL he could grab a load this season.

That’s if he’s got his desire to play again and from what I’ve read it sounds like he has

Definitely need a fit DCL and a back up for him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back