Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m happy with us signing McNeil as long as we bring in another forward.

Looking at the current rumours, I’d say best case is:
  • Tarkowski
  • Vinagre
  • McNeil
  • Gueye or Guido
  • Terrier or Broja
If we ended up with that I actually think it’s a competitive squad without breaking the bank.

• Tarkowski
  • Vinagre
  • McNeil
  • Gueye or Guido
  • Terrier or Broja
If we ended up with that I actually think it’s a competitive squad without breaking the bank.
Barkley is coming back.

That's a solid analysis.

In the context of all of the signings, it will be interesting to see what they offer in terms of character and commitment also. I'd be amazed going off Lampards comments last season if the need to get "good" lads in that respect isn't also considered a big factor. Tarkowski already seems to be made of the right stuff in that respect and I assume he'll have given an opinion on McNeill.

We badly need goals though, for whatever other qualities signings bring we are dangerously exposed on that front. It's the difference between turning a defeat into a draw and a draw to a win sometimes. My hunch is that we may need to wait until the end of the window if it's someone like Broja we are looking at. I'd also like to see us use a loan slot on a bit of a wildcard player who might offer something different in the last third. We are playing very safe and on loan could roll the dice on one signing just a little.

Think we will really push for Gallacher mate I still think he'll miss out on the time he'd want at Chelsea as they'll panic buy a couple of midfielders for big money, MGW I think that one's sailed.

One possible 'roll the dice' loan could be the young lad at PSG whose been on loan the last two seasons, Broja seems to want almost a guarantee he'll be a starter and can't see us able to offer that (unless we lie - yes please lie)

My sources say we have approached Fairfield 24 and enquire for ytheir star 56 year old DM player. Hes had a new hip but in training managed to speed up to 4 miles per hour at least!

WHAT WE GONNA DO WITH OLD DM?!?!?!??!??? SHOWS SOME DAMN AMBTITION!!! If we sign this guy I really have to reconsider my fan being for Everton. Its been a train wreck for months now. This is not the top 6 club I was supporting!!

Are you new to Everton? Your strange expectation of competence and surprise at boneheaded recruitment suggests so.

Basically this McNeil guy sounds very similar to Gordon
Gordon's faster especially over distance, McNeil is a way better deliver of a ball. But yup they both have that close control and ability to glide past a man for sure,both work really hard too.

Best of both worlds is they learn off each other

At least things are moving now and we’ll have more players in before the start of the season.

Hopefully there’s clubs as stupid as us who’ll take the likes of Gomes from us

• Tarkowski
  • Vinagre
  • McNeil
  • Gueye or Guido
  • Terrier or Broja

We will 100% sign a number 8 with goals in them mate.

Often wonder as a fan base are we the moanest in the league ? If there was a league table for fans who just basically criticize everything we’d surely be near the top of the league . We aren’t a attractive club at the minute and hopefully the manager and DoF will have the time to change that over the coming years .. we gota as a fan base give them both time and support !! Is that possible ?? I’d have my doubts …..

It seems impossible for some to just wait until the windows closed before judging the owner, DOF, manager.

We signed Cahill, Jags, Coleman, Pienaar, Arteta and none of them were big exciting names but they fitted the system.

Fans just want big name or exotic looking signings these days so they can buzz on social media without questioning what will those signings actually bring to the side.

But he is a very good one, available at a low fee, and knows the club...
If he's very good why is he availible at a low fee with the only club wanting him in your own words a "lower league team struggling to survive in the PL" is it possible he's not the player he was when he left 3 years ago and other clubs have sussed him out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back