Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's very good why is he availible at a low fee with the only club wanting him in your own words a "lower league team struggling to survive in the PL" is it possible he's not the player he was when he left 3 years ago and other clubs have sussed him out
I cannot answer that until I see him play...

It seems impossible for some to just wait until the windows closed before judging the owner, DOF, manager.

We signed Cahill, Jags, Coleman, Pienaar, Arteta and none of them were big exciting names but they fitted the system.

Fans just want big name or exotic looking signings these days so they can buzz on social media without questioning what will those signings actually bring to the side.
Pienaar, arteta, cahill and Coleman were all somewhat unknown entities.

The players we are signing now have all played in the premier League before and haven't exactly thrived.

I’m happy with us signing McNeil as long as we bring in another forward.

Looking at the current rumours, I’d say best case is:
  • Tarkowski
  • Vinagre
  • McNeil
  • Gueye or Guido
  • Terrier or Broja
If we ended up with that I actually think it’s a competitive squad without breaking the bank.
You know what you call a squad with 11 bang-average players? Midtable.

We were battling relegation because we were fielding substandard players due to injuries. Anything that gets those players out or pushes them into the #21-23 squad player roles improves the club, which is why we need a #6 and a #9 so badly. We can't be playing Rondon or any of the midfield dross.

My sources say we have approached Fairfield 24 and enquire for ytheir star 56 year old DM player. Hes had a new hip but in training managed to speed up to 4 miles per hour at least!

WHAT WE GONNA DO WITH OLD DM?!?!?!??!??? SHOWS SOME DAMN AMBTITION!!! If we sign this guy I really have to reconsider my fan being for Everton. Its been a train wreck for months now. This is not the top 6 club I was supporting!!
Train wreck for years, not months. We have finished top 6 like 6 times since the premier league started and haven't done so in the last 8 seasons.

With the 5 sub rule we'll likely still bring in a Richy replacement after McNeil is signed imo

McNeil
Gordon
Gray
???

Townie is out injured for a while and I doubt Lampard will have him feature in his plans long term.

Pienaar, arteta, cahill and Coleman were all somewhat unknown entities.

The players we are signing now have all played in the premier League before and haven't exactly thrived.

True but it depends what you are judging these players on.

McNeil is only a year older than Gordon who everyone universally agrees is not yet the full package so is it fair to expect McNeil to be at full development right now?

Tarky is a solid no nonsense CB that reminds me a lot of the Distin signing in that we knew what we were getting in a cheap deal to do a certain role.

Vinegre is just a back up LB - if he's better than Kenny that'll do for me !

I just sincerely hope that the fans will at least show support for the likes of McNeil, Barkley & Gana at the match. Can't go through another season of the fans constantly getting on the players backs....

Professional footballers or not, humans respond to positive reinforcement above all else. We saw that at Goodison during the last few games of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back