Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m reserving judgment on this signing purely on the basis it’s not Richy’s replacement and that it’s to add more options within the squad.
If it is the only forward we bring in then I’ll be gutted!!
I don't think we are getting a direct replacement we never do. We normally try and sign multiple players to pick the slack up. We can't do that this year though. Scary

Think we’ll be sending lots of crosses into DCL which we need to do but if get gets hurt again, we are done without another striker. Broja has to be the priority once Gana is done.

We have very few goals in the squad.

McNeil might help a bit with chance creation but who will finish them? Will DCL stay fit and find form? Dele does not fit easily into any obvious formation we will play. Gordon’s weakness is his end product. Gray is a handful a season at best. Townsend injured. Rondon is Rondon. Our Midfield offers nothing.

We really need a couple more viable goal scorers in our squad this year. To me that is a bigger priority than our long-term 6 as Allan, Gbamin and Gomes (as the ball playing option) patch that slot better than eg Rondon, Gray patches our forward line.

Probably garbage but West Ham apparently interested in Holgate. Thing is with Holgate I'd be surprised if anyone would pay enough to really make it worth our while given we'd need to spend on a defender to replace him.

Any further murmurings on Moise Kean of late? At one point Juve were looking to get him a year early (on the cheap and sensing our vulnerability) and sell him on. That seems to be gone quiet post the Richy sale?

Reason I ask is he seems to be ripping it up for them preseason so they may well consider a more regular role for him at Juve now. Which leaves us back to taking the agreed fee next Summer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.