Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably garbage but West Ham apparently interested in Holgate. Thing is with Holgate I'd be surprised if anyone would pay enough to really make it worth our while given we'd need to spend on a defender to replace him.
Wouldn't necessarily need replacing. We have Tarkowski/Mina/Keane/Godfrey plus Branthwaite who should have developed further at PSV when he comes back next season.

Wouldn't necessarily need replacing. We have Tarkowski/Mina/Keane/Godfrey plus Branthwaite who should have developed further at PSV when he comes back next season.
If we are going to play 3 CBs some or all of the time 4 CBs doesn't really cut it though, unless he feels in that formation Coleman or Mykolenko could play as a wide CB. Would certainly listen to offers for Holgate but if West Ham were offering enough for us to get Colwill or someone then they'd surely just go get him themselves.

It seems impossible for some to just wait until the windows closed before judging the owner, DOF, manager.

We signed Cahill, Jags, Coleman, Pienaar, Arteta and none of them were big exciting names but they fitted the system.

Fans just want big name or exotic looking signings these days so they can buzz on social media without questioning what will those signings actually bring to the side.
Spot on ;)

So 3 in, Im thinking 3-4 to go. I think we still after a Guido Rodriguez equivalent DM, then a CM on loan from Chelsea. Then a striker like Dennis for around 10-15m. We may be done at that point, or I would not be surprised to get a CB on loan. Basically we have spent 15-20m on fees, and I expect we will spend another 30-35m on the remaining two purchases, and 2 loans to round it out.

You know what you call a squad with 11 bang-average players? Midtable.

We were battling relegation because we were fielding substandard players due to injuries. Anything that gets those players out or pushes them into the #21-23 squad player roles improves the club, which is why we need a #6 and a #9 so badly. We can't be playing Rondon or any of the midfield dross.
I think midtable is the idea this coming season. No one is expecting top six

Any further murmurings on Moise Kean of late? At one point Juve were looking to get him a year early (on the cheap and sensing our vulnerability) and sell him on. That seems to be gone quiet post the Richy sale?

Reason I ask is he seems to be ripping it up for them preseason so they may well consider a more regular role for him at Juve now. Which leaves us back to taking the agreed fee next Summer ?
What has he been getting? (goals assists).

There was ‘moaning’ about those 3 too, mainly from people who foresaw the things that everybody else started moaning about later, which is exactly my point. Some people will come on and say ‘hmm not sure about this I don’t think we’re doing good business’ and others will go ‘stop moaning everything’s great this is the best window ever’. Then 6 months later the people saying stop moaning are saying oh my god this is a disaster we need to sell everyone right now while the people who ‘moaned’ are fairly chilled because they expected it to happen. You’re one of those who is somehow surprised by how bad we are every single year, despite it being fairly obvious what’s going to happen.

That’s not really what’s happened this summer is it?

There was a thread dedicated to Jesse Lingard receiving 200k a week

There was then moaning that we weren’t going to buy anyone - we then bought three players with more looking likely

We’ve got a lot of complaining about Ross Barkley although I haven’t seen a single credible link to him

Assessing that a player might not be good enough is fine, but there seems to be a lot of moaning about the provenance of the player, our scouts don’t look outside the PL etc. etc. what does that have to do with anything?

There’s just far too much catastrophising and it’s not your smug version of ‘some of us knew what was going to happen’, it’s a load of crying about stuff that hasn’t happened and might not ever happen.

As for your last point in bold, a bit laughable this when you’ve also complained I slate the players all the time. I’d like to think I’ve been fairly consistent in saying that recent squads have been nowhere near good enough as they’ve been based around a rotting core of Coleman Keane Kenny Davies Gomes Siggurdson etc. with too many injuries to first team players to stop this lot getting back into line ups.

I defended his passing when he was here because you’re right people went overboard about it, but no I’m not sure what he does really is something we’re crying out for. You’ve been quite vocal about lampard wanting a 6 who can get on the ball and use it, and gana definitely isn’t that. So do you then see him as an ‘8’? In which case for me he’s just a slightly different version of doucoure - better defensively but not as good going forward - so he would be another signing who doesn’t really address the major issues we have.

I’m concerned that we don’t really know what type of players we want and are just trying to get deals done for whoever we can rather than identifying players who can do what we want from them. Obviously I may be way off but that’s how it seems at the moment.

All I can good off is what Lampard has done at other clubs mate, he played Kante in the 8 and Jorginho in the 6 mate but I've honest to God no idea what we will end up playing formation wise this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back