Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not really what’s happened this summer is it?

There was a thread dedicated to Jesse Lingard receiving 200k a week

There was then moaning that we weren’t going to buy anyone - we then bought three players with more looking likely

We’ve got a lot of complaining about Ross Barkley although I haven’t seen a single credible link to him

Assessing that a player might not be good enough is fine, but there seems to be a lot of moaning about the provenance of the player, our scouts don’t look outside the PL etc. etc. what does that have to do with anything?

There’s just far too much catastrophising and it’s not your smug version of ‘some of us knew what was going to happen’, it’s a load of crying about stuff that hasn’t happened and might not ever happen.

As for your last point in bold, a bit laughable this when you’ve also complained I slate the players all the time. I’d like to think I’ve been fairly consistent in saying that recent squads have been nowhere near good enough as they’ve been based around a rotting core of Coleman Keane Kenny Davies Gomes Siggurdson etc. with too many injuries to first team players to stop this lot getting back into line ups.

In fairness, we have bought one player so far, not 3.

That’s not really what’s happened this summer is it?

There was a thread dedicated to Jesse Lingard receiving 200k a week

There was then moaning that we weren’t going to buy anyone - we then bought three players with more looking likely

We’ve got a lot of complaining about Ross Barkley although I haven’t seen a single credible link to him

Assessing that a player might not be good enough is fine, but there seems to be a lot of moaning about the provenance of the player, our scouts don’t look outside the PL etc. etc. what does that have to do with anything?

There’s just far too much catastrophising and it’s not your smug version of ‘some of us knew what was going to happen’, it’s a load of crying about stuff that hasn’t happened and might not ever happen.

As for your last point in bold, a bit laughable this when you’ve also complained I slate the players all the time. I’d like to think I’ve been fairly consistent in saying that recent squads have been nowhere near good enough as they’ve been based around a rotting core of Coleman Keane Kenny Davies Gomes Siggurdson etc. with too many injuries to first team players to stop this lot getting back into line ups.
1. It's not catastrophising, it's people just stating what they think. In the last 8 years we have improved our league position twice after a summer transfer window, and the club has basically become a byword for poor recruitment. There is a lack of trust in the process because all the evidence points to the process not working. The signings we've made so far this summer have followed a similar pattern to the signings we've made in recent years, and so people are concerned that lessons haven't been learnt. You talk about being smug but it's not me who's laughing at people who are scared for the future of the club.

2. I wasn't being smug. I said some people pointed out that signing those players could lead us down the path to where we are now. I didn't say I was one of those people.

3. It's a forum. If we don't talk about stuff that hasn't and might not happen then it's going to be a very quiet place.

4. I don't really understand what you mean in your last point. The point was that you seem to spend every summer saying everything's fine and then as soon as the season starts you go back to demanding everyone be sacked for their terrible attitude. Your about turn on Brands after he got sacked was a thing of beauty, you spent 3 years saying he was wonderful and then blamed him for everything once he'd left.

My sources say we have approached Fairfield 24 and enquire for ytheir star 56 year old DM player. Hes had a new hip but in training managed to speed up to 4 miles per hour at least!

WHAT WE GONNA DO WITH OLD DM?!?!?!??!??? SHOWS SOME DAMN AMBTITION!!! If we sign this guy I really have to reconsider my fan being for Everton. Its been a train wreck for months now. This is not the top 6 club I was supporting!!

Get in the bin you absolute goblin

Wouldn't necessarily need replacing. We have Tarkowski/Mina/Keane/Godfrey plus Branthwaite who should have developed further at PSV when he comes back next season.
depends on our formation, if we are playing 4 at the back, 2 CB's then I agree we only need 4, but if we carry on with 5 at the back, 3 CB's then we need 5 minimum, given our injury record, that might not even be enough.

1. It's not catastrophising, it's people just stating what they think. In the last 8 years we have improved our league position twice after a summer transfer window, and the club has basically become a byword for poor recruitment. There is a lack of trust in the process because all the evidence points to the process not working. The signings we've made so far this summer have followed a similar pattern to the signings we've made in recent years, and so people are concerned that lessons haven't been learnt. You talk about being smug but it's not me who's laughing at people who are scared for the future of the club.

2. I wasn't being smug. I said some people pointed out that signing those players could lead us down the path to where we are now. I didn't say I was one of those people.

3. It's a forum. If we don't talk about stuff that hasn't and might not happen then it's going to be a very quiet place.

4. I don't really understand what you mean in your last point. The point was that you seem to spend every summer saying everything's fine and then as soon as the season starts you go back to demanding everyone be sacked for their terrible attitude. Your about turn on Brands after he got sacked was a thing of beauty, you spent 3 years saying he was wonderful and then blamed him for everything once he'd left.

Your bore people to the point they can’t be bothered responding. I’m stuck in a cycle of forgetting how tedious you are and then getting sucked back into engaging. You’re not even responding to what I’ve written just what you’d like me to have written.

Status
Not open for further replies.