Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
But aren't we bothered how they did in England not Turkey since we don't play in Turkey?
The post I replied to said he flopped in Turkey. He didn’t. I was merely making that point. I was correcting an error that was stated about him.

He also didn’t flop in Germany.

You don’t want him at Everton. I’m fine with that opinion.

But he didn’t flop in Turkey did he?

But your point is he can bang them in Turkey , so he must be decent !? Batman is not decent, he's had his chance and proven not good enough
Not saying he’s decent.

Just saying he didn’t flop in Turkey.

Correcting an error I saw with his goal/assist statistics.

That’s all.

Tosun did something similar.

So he didn’t flop in Turkey?

Neither did Michy.

One had a good goal record and the other had a decent goal record.

That’s my point. They didn’t flop there. The original statement about them flopping there was wrong.

You can argue that you don’t want him here because his record in England isn’t as good. That’s fair (though it’s comparable to DCL).

But he didn’t flop in Turkey. That’s factually wrong

So he didn’t flop in Turkey?

Neither did Michy.

One had a good goal record and the other had a decent goal record.

That’s my point. They didn’t flop there. The original statement about them flopping there was wrong.

You can argue that you don’t want him here because his record in England isn’t as good. That’s fair (though it’s comparable to DCL).

But he didn’t flop in Turkey. That’s factually wrong.

Apologies. I retract that he flopped in Turkey.

I'll change it to say... doing well in Turkey means zero as the level is poor.

I wouldn't want him here based on the fact he's played 1 full season of football (at Besiktas), been on loan 5 times, and been at Chelsea for 6 years, never getting a move, never wanting a move, most of his goals come as a sub, and he's 28.

If it's a loan for bodies...fine. But it sums up a player that no one really wants in the last 12months of his contact

The post I replied to said he flopped in Turkey. He didn’t. I was merely making that point. I was correcting an error that was stated about him.

He also didn’t flop in Germany.

You don’t want him at Everton. I’m fine with that opinion.

Flopped as in...he's still at Chelsea isn't he? No one wants to pay for him, wages, fee...over his 6 years at Chelsea no one wanted to buy him

Yeh fair enough.

But , you can't seriously think he's good enough and he is our answer ?
He wouldn’t be my first choice. Definitely not.

But if it’s him or no one, then I’d take him on loan for a year.

Record in Turkey, Germany and Palace (first spell), is decent enough for him to be DCL‘s back up.

Put it this way: would prefer him or Rondon starting a run of 10 games if DCL picks up an injury?

Record in Turkey, Germany and Palace (first spell), is decent enough for him to be DCL‘s back up.

Put it this way: would prefer him or Rondon starting a run of 10 games if DCL picks up an injury?

He'll play Alli

I just think we can do better, even looking for players on loan.

100% need back up for DCL, regardless of injuries.

Each to their own, but im just not convinced Batman is the one. It would be an uninspiring signing (imo)

I’m not a fan of bringing Batshuayi in this summer. Years ago maybe but isn’t he on big wages?

I’d rather us bring in someone who can grow in the team and be happy to play second fiddle to DCL.

A young striker with cheap wages and a lot of upside instead for me.

He's in the last year of his contact. You tell me Besiktas couldn't afford that?
Their record transfer is like 7m. Turkish clubs are renowned for not spending.
Flopped as in...he's still at Chelsea isn't he? No one wants to pay for him, wages, fee...over his 6 years at Chelsea no one wanted to buy him
False. Seriously just Google it.

That’s the only point I was making.

If you don’t want him at Everton that’s fine. I more than happy for you or anyone else to hold that opinion.

I was correcting an error made about him in the original post I replied to.

Status
Not open for further replies.