Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he didn’t flop in Turkey?

Neither did Michy.

One had a good goal record and the other had a decent goal record.

That’s my point. They didn’t flop there. The original statement about them flopping there was wrong.

You can argue that you don’t want him here because his record in England isn’t as good. That’s fair (though it’s comparable to DCL).

But he didn’t flop in Turkey. That’s factually wrong
Fair enough.

I guess success in Turkey is no measure for performance in the PL.

I just think we can do better, even looking for players on loan.

100% need back up for DCL, regardless of injuries.

Each to their own, but im just not convinced Batman is the one. It would be an uninspiring signing (imo)
I agree with that.

It would show a lack of imagination, scouting, long-term strategy and be a stop gap at best.

But that’s what we’re doing this summer. It’s sensible, safety first, cheap transfers and loans.

Tarkowski, McNeil, Vinagre, )hopefully Gana and Cornet) and maybe Michy will help take us away from where we were last season.

Combined with the rest of our squad, if they are adequately coached and put in a sensible system, we’ll be comfortably mid-table come May 2023.

Anyone know if he flopped in Turkey?
His goal/assist stats say otherwise.

But you can just write that he did if you want, because you don’t think he’d be good Everton.

It’s bad logic, but according to some You can score goals in Turkey, but you still flopped there because you don’t score as many goals in England.

His goal/assist stats say otherwise.

But you can just write that he did if you want, because you don’t think he’d be good Everton.

It’s bad logic, but according to some You can score goals in Turkey, but you still flopped there because you don’t score as many goals in England.
Same way he "flopped" in Germany. When he played 15 games for Dortmund and scored 9 goals.

Well he did because it never saw him get a shot at Chelsea's first team or a permanent move to another club.

He's been at Chelsea for 6 years and played 77 times for them. Majority as a sub.
Well no....he didn't. To say he flopped suggests he was poor.

7 in 10 in Germany.
5 in 11 in his first palace spell.
14 in 33 in Turkey.

Not of that suggests a flop.

Whatever way, whoever it is, for me we should have a new forward for the ko, as we all know Fee's will probably go higher after the season begins with teams not letting to want their players leave even more then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back