Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not want Batshuai as he isn't great. He's better than Rondon isn't justification for buying a player.. Hate shouts like that.

Oh and damn if I'm learning to spell his name correctly... Just glad Mykolenko is now on my auto spell can't be getting Batshoey

Surely it is justification.

We are potentially replacing our backup striker who never scores with a striker who scores 1 goal every 150 minutes.

Why would you hate that ?

Surely it is justification.

We are potentially replacing our backup striker who never scores with a striker who scores 1 goal every 150 minutes.

Why would you hate that ?
Because if we buy him we could be lumbering ourselves with a 29 year old who has never cut it at a top club. But yeah as back up on loan or a small fee/wages I guess its OK

What happened this weasel?
Screenshot_20220731-230635_Twitter.webp

Because if we buy him we could be lumbering ourselves with a 29 year old who has never cut it at a top club. But yeah as back up on loan or a small fee/wages I guess its OK

He’s 28 mate.

Even if we signed him on a three year deal he’d be 31 which is not retirement age.

The wages etc. will of course matter but assuming he’s on a reasonable salary it doesn’t strike me as a mental signing.

Problem mainly with loaning Batman is you've used one domestic loan spot and also won't be able to loan another from Chelsea - he's not worth risking missing out on someone much better.

Problem with buying him is he'd want big wages a long contract and is 28 and still being talked about in terms of 'maybe he'll come good'

I think the key is from Chelsea there. Youd want to keep one spot open for one of Gallacher, Colvil or Broja. Like if Batman played for any other side, there's probably a chance we do that loan signing, but with it being Chelsea, we will want to go to the wire on some of the above.

So you start asking yourself can a deal be worked? Something akin to the Alli deal (albeit with much lower) figures may work. Essentially anything that avoids us having to pay anything this year. So a 2 year deal, with maybe a 5m+ fee due after 40 games would be optimal. It pushes it into next season, when FFP improves drastically.

The only issue are wages. Alli had a Spurs contract from a time when they werent spending big (that has started to change). I'd put his wages at between 80-100k, which is a lot more manageable. Reports on Batmans salary tend to range from between 110-140k mark. I think that's likely going to be too rich for us. You wonder how much he might be willing to give up for a longer deal? So if hes on 120k would he accept 2 years on 90k? Would we be happy to commit to 3 years? Maybe.

I’d like to see a post where I said Bolaise would be “fantastic” for you.
In any case, before he was injured he was ok for you.
He was, mostly great for us, but he had Zaha to play with, swap wings, go through the middle. As a pair, they were a force.

Honestly mate, pre injury Bolasie was excellent for us.

In about 10 games had like 6 assists and a couple of goals. It may have just been a skewed sample size, but he looked very good. Was never the same after the injury. Dont even know if hes still playing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back