Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everton given £25m price for Maxwel Cornet to do transfer in instalments​

Everton have been told it would cost them £25m to sign Maxwel Cornet from Burnley if they don’t want to pay his £17.5m release clause up front, say The Daily Mail.

The Toffees are interested in signing the Ivory Coast international as they look to bolster their attack following the sale of Richarlison to Tottenham earlier in the transfer window.
If we have the scope to spend £25m in instalments over the next four years we should be putting it to far better use. Bring in three younger players from the French and German leagues, the sort that Burnley will bring in to replace Cornet, or Brighton will to replace Bissouma. And sign Jason Knight, for heaven's sake.

At some point we have to start spending sensibly. What we did with Vlasic and Lookman worked from a financial perspective, which needs to be the fallback plan whenever a player doesn't work out on the pitch or "fit in" with the group.

If we have the scope to spend £25m in instalments over the next four years we should be putting it to far better use. Bring in three younger players from the French and German leagues, the sort that Burnley will bring in to replace Cornet, or Brighton will to replace Bissouma. And sign Jason Knight, for heaven's sake.

At some point we have to start spending sensibly. What we did with Vlasic and Lookman worked from a financial perspective, which needs to be the fallback plan whenever a player doesn't work out on the pitch or "fit in" with the group.
Also true of Moise Kean: we took a gamble and in an Everton shirt it went about as badly as it could’ve done but between three years loan fees and the fee Juve will give us we’ve still turned a profit. Buy young and you can make a profit even if it goes badly. Buy old and you make a loss even if it goes well.

I think the key is from Chelsea there. Youd want to keep one spot open for one of Gallacher, Colvil or Broja. Like if Batman played for any other side, there's probably a chance we do that loan signing, but with it being Chelsea, we will want to go to the wire on some of the above.

So you start asking yourself can a deal be worked? Something akin to the Alli deal (albeit with much lower) figures may work. Essentially anything that avoids us having to pay anything this year. So a 2 year deal, with maybe a 5m+ fee due after 40 games would be optimal. It pushes it into next season, when FFP improves drastically.

The only issue are wages. Alli had a Spurs contract from a time when they werent spending big (that has started to change). I'd put his wages at between 80-100k, which is a lot more manageable. Reports on Batmans salary tend to range from between 110-140k mark. I think that's likely going to be too rich for us. You wonder how much he might be willing to give up for a longer deal? So if hes on 120k would he accept 2 years on 90k? Would we be happy to commit to 3 years? Maybe.

Honestly mate, I don't think he's worth the effort for, given we are trying to out a new wage structure in place hdving him near the top of that would kinda undermine the entire principle, you'd be bringing in a backup on top wages, it's what's got us in this mess already. I actually don't think there's anything to this rumour in truth.

Like Barkley Lampard used him when the transfer ban was in place out of necessity and loaned them both out as soon as he could do.

Think when Lampard loans you out when you're 25-26 it's because he wants you gone.

We'll keep the loan spot open in regards to Chelsea until the last possible moment I feel.

Honestly mate, I don't think he's worth the effort for, given we are trying to out a new wage structure in place hdving him near the top of that would kinda undermine the entire principle, you'd be bringing in a backup on top wages, it's what's got us in this mess already. I actually don't think there's anything to this rumour in truth.

Like Barkley Lampard used him when the transfer ban was in place out of necessity and loaned them both out as soon as he could do.

Think when Lampard loans you out when you're 25-26 it's because he wants you gone.

We'll keep the loan spot open in regards to Chelsea until the last possible moment I feel.
Wage structure is so important to consider. We’d probably have to give him minimum 80-90k a week to match his Chelsea wages. Hard to keep DCL happy if his understudy earns more than him, and if he warms the bench every starter will wonder why they aren’t earning more. There’s just no economic sense in signing him, if we’ve learned any lessons we won’t.

Not a clue. But 5 goals in 11 games is a great return.....why are you trying to say different ??

Same reason he only got 9 goals and 1 assist in 14 games for Dortmund.

Because he was only on loan there for half of the season.

6 goals in 13 games in you count FA Cup games.
The below post sums up why cherry picking a period of one seasons stats is a bad way to promote the benefits of signing a player.
Batshuayi PL record: 15 goals in 77 apps
Niasse PL record: 12 goals in 55 apps

Niasse’s goals per game ratio in the PL is ever so slightly better than Batshuayi’s.

Why would anyone want us to sign him? Frightening.

He’s 28 mate.

Even if we signed him on a three year deal he’d be 31 which is not retirement age.

The wages etc. will of course matter but assuming he’s on a reasonable salary it doesn’t strike me as a mental signing.
Depending on which website you choose to believe, Batshuayi is on something between £60k and £90k per week (I'm going to guess that you will assume the lower end of that scale). He won't be taking a pay cut on what could be his last big contract. Depends on what you call reasonable, I suppose.

I've never been impressed with Bat...'s clinicicim in front of goal or his quality.

I also don't think he's ever shown the type of workmate that would make up for these deficiencies.

He's not good enough and unlikely to significantly improve.

Major swerve from me.

Dont know who that UTFT guy is but seems like just making stuff up. Just saw he is linking us with Iheanacho and Andre Gomes to Celtic with us paying half his wages and then Jota coming back our way. Also Holgate to Fulham.

He has tweeted himself that he just makes stuff up to take the piss out of the supposed IDK's (i.e. Watched Toffee) who just copy and paste comments from others

Him and FFN are @chicoazul very lite! and nowhere near as funny towards horsepunchers

Honestly mate, pre injury Bolasie was excellent for us.

In about 10 games had like 6 assists and a couple of goals. It may have just been a skewed sample size, but he looked very good. Was never the same after the injury. Dont even know if hes still playing now.
What the...........

Bolasie was terrible from the start, and in his entire time here(much less before injury) he had 2 goals and 4 assists.

I don’t know whether Cornet is the answer, but three or four younger players would be quite a big risk. I’m not against it per se, but I think this summer we need first team ready players that can make an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back