Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Patterson-Mina-Tarkowski-Mykolenko
Doucouré-Gana-Allan
Gordon-DCL-McNeil​
As much as I personally prefer 4-3-3 as a formation, I cannot see Frank deviating from 5-2-3, he has been burnt too many times by this lot to not have significant protection at the back.

I think Gana will play in a two with Iwobi and then two of McNeil, Dele, Gordon and Gray as inverted wingers. It allows Patterson and Mykolenko to provide the width, which I think particularly suits Patterson and his defensive limitations.

We have also recruited for the 5-2-3 formation, so would be weird if 4-3-3 became our default.

Pretty clear we won’t be seeing 4 at the back for a while based off pre-season

I’m expecting

Pickford
Patterson Godfrey Mina Tarkowski Myko
Gueye with one of Doucoure/Allan/Iwobi
McNeil DCL Dele

Chelsea will probably come too soon for Gueye so probably Allan with one of Doucoure/Iwobi and we may see Gordon start over McNeil first game

As much as I personally prefer 4-3-3 as a formation, I cannot see Frank deviating from 5-2-3, he has been burnt too many times by this lot to not have significant protection at the back.

I think Gana will play in a two with Iwobi and then two of McNeil, Dele, Gordon and Gray as inverted wingers. It allows Patterson and Mykolenko to provide the width, which I think particularly suits Patterson and his defensive limitations.

We have also recruited for the 5-2-3 formation, so would be weird if 4-3-3 became our default.
Think I agree with you on this. Apart from I see it very much as a 3 at the back, as opposed to 5. Not trying to be pedantic when I say that. I just think that the full backs we have are very much focused on attacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back