Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder what happens if we don't get another striker in

Will Dobbin get his chance?
I dont mind Rondon to be honest, when he came he clearly wasnt fit, but i think he contributed well in the run in games he was invloved in or so when we needed him. Hes looking fitter to me this year. I dont have high expectations of a back up striker to be honest, always handy to have that battering ram option. Its often the hardest thing to do in this league and many clubs struggl e with it.

Id like Corent to be honest. Cornet forgives a lot of potential holes in our team, its a signing that balances and covers many positions in the squad and adds a bit of something different, threat. and probably some goals

Is it just me that hates the 3-4-3 that Frank plays.

I’ve never seen a 3/5 at the back consistently work at Everton and a midfield 2 is outgunned against almost every opposition.

I think we are having to find a way to win with the players we have, I would prefer we play 433 or 451, but the central midfielders we have are not good enough to play it, we got pounded by Minnesota when we played that way, they still out did us in central midfield, even though there were 3 in there.

Maybe if we sign Gana we can play 3 in central midfield.

Gana isn't a holding number 6 - he's great at what he does but his game is winning the ball back and pressing. He has never been great at screening the back 4 and sitting in front of it like you'd want a number 6 to do.

I'd be fairly surprised to see Lampard play Gana in this role

I suspect we are likely to stick with the 343, personally, but we'll see. This is highly dependent on who the midfield signings we make are between now and the end of the window, but I'd be highly surprised to ever see a midfield three like the one you've put there. Plus Gordon and McNeil will play on the opposite sides to what you're suggesting there too.
We will see 343 at times and 433 at others as we did in the run in

Is it just me that hates the 3-4-3 that Frank plays.

I’ve never seen a 3/5 at the back consistently work at Everton and a midfield 2 is outgunned against almost every opposition.
I’m interested to see how it works with a proper pre-season

I agree I’ve never seen a good 3/5 at the back by us but it always seemed like a rushed plan b whenever we tried it so that doesn’t surprise me

I do rate Lampard as a tactician though, and if he thinks he can make it work with our personnel then I want to see it in competitive games before writing it off

I dont mind Rondon to be honest, when he came he clearly wasnt fit, but i think he contributed well in the run in games he was invloved in or so when we needed him. Hes looking fitter to me this year. I dont have high expectations of a back up striker to be honest, always handy to have that battering ram option. Its often the hardest thing to do in this league and many clubs struggl e with it.

Id like Corent to be honest. Cornet forgives a lot of potential holes in our team, its a signing that balances and covers many positions in the squad and adds a bit of something different, threat. and probably some goals
I think Rondon is OK to come on as a different option for 20 minutes or whatever but the thought of him leading the line for a prolonged period is scary. We need another decent option up there because there is a quite startling lack of goals in this side. What you're saying about Cornet made sense a week or so ago but with the signings of Vinagre and McNeil that versatility doesn't seem particularly useful anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back