Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
that team has a lack of goals in it
we need either an attacking midfielder in there like Gallagher / MGW or someone like Cornet/Dennis with McNeill as an attacking midfielder with Doucs
also not sure on Mina staying / staying fit
see my adjusted line up
McNeil scores 2 every 15mins. That's 12 a match. That's over 400 goals the premier League. Need to stop the negativity.

I wouldn't necessarily be against Cornet coming in, I just think it makes less sense than it did a week ago because of the 2 new signings being able to cover some of the positions he would have done. In theory i'd have gone for someone who can play across the front 3 but now that McNeill's come in i'm not sure we've got the scope for that - Cornet, McNeill, Gordon, Gray and Dele (and Townsend if he gets fit) all effectively competing for 2 places seems like overkill considering some of the other issues in the squad.
Despite Richy going that position is probably our best in terms of depth and options, especially if we play them more inverted closer to two no.10s where Dele will definitely provide goals from

dcl was only good when we had carlo and the likes of digne and hamezzzz setting them up

People are making out hes harry kane on here lol

In fairness, when he was fully fit last season he scored a few early on (including pens admittedly) and then scored two in the final two games.

I think as long as he stays fit and the team isn’t utterly terrible around him he’ll get his fair share of goals.

dcl was only good when we had carlo and the likes of digne and hamezzzz setting them up

Bit disingenuous that. Fair enough James & Digne had great deliveries on them at times but Digne's output in particular wasn't great during his last season here.

There's players at the club who are more than capable of delivering a similar, if not better, output of 'final balls' for DCL. Gray & Townsend did it a couple times early last season and now we have the likes of McNeil, Patterson, Mykolenko, Vingare and even Tarkowski who are all capable of finding a head.

Whoever would have thought it though, striker thrives with creative players...

We have gutted the team of any creativity, ill give DCL some slack as he is working with absolutely nothing.

Whoever would have thought it though, striker thrives with creative players...

We have gutted the team of any creativity, ill give DCL some slack as he is working with absolutely nothing.
Another reason to reinforce CM. Added creativity through the middle would reduce our reliance on attacking out wide, making our general attacking play less predictable.

It wasn't all that long ago that we could only attack via Baines & Pienaar on the left, and opponents simply put extra bodies on that flank to frustrate us. We had no threat down our right or the middle to keep people honest.

We are still lacking a genuine playmaker. The links to MGW having hit a block it makes me wonder who else we are looking at. Or are we looking for more creativity from deep from bringing in a Gilmour or using Alli more

Last edited:

He's a pretty good striker but yes he does need creativity around him as he doesn't really make his own chances which is something Richy could do and that's one of our issues.

Bit disingenuous that. Fair enough James & Digne had great deliveries on them at times but Digne's output in particular wasn't great during his last season here.

There's players at the club who are more than capable of delivering a similar, if not better, output of 'final balls' for DCL. Gray & Townsend did it a couple times early last season and now we have the likes of McNeil, Patterson, Mykolenko, Vingare and even Tarkowski who are all capable of finding a head.
In theory but what if the direct route doesn't work? For many CBs crosses are their bread and butter. You need a plan b we lack creativity especially centrally unless we play a 433 and Alli is given a run but as it stands he looks like a bench option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back