Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
Patterson-Mina-Tarkowski-Mykolenko
Doucouré-Gana-Allan
Gordon-DCL-McNeil​
that team has a lack of goals in it
we need either an attacking midfielder in there like Gallagher / MGW or someone like Cornet/Dennis with McNeill as an attacking midfielder with Doucs
also not sure on Mina staying / staying fit
see my adjusted line up

Pickford
Patterson-Godfrey/Keane-Tarkowski-Mykolenko
McNeill- Gana-Doucouré
Gordon/Gray-DCL-?​

that team has a lack of goals in it
we need either an attacking midfielder in there like Gallagher / MGW or someone like Cornet/Dennis with McNeill as an attacking midfielder with Doucs
also not sure on Mina staying / staying fit
see my adjusted line up
I know mate but until we get another striker, any team we put out has a severe lack of goals in it :(

I think Rondon is OK to come on as a different option for 20 minutes or whatever but the thought of him leading the line for a prolonged period is scary. We need another decent option up there because there is a quite startling lack of goals in this side. What you're saying about Cornet made sense a week or so ago but with the signings of Vinagre and McNeil that versatility doesn't seem particularly useful anymore.

Fair points mate, i wouldnt be opposed to a striking option, i dont mind batman, as i think thats what you are looking at a second striker in the market, the manager will know well and what he is buying.

I suppose my point is Cornet, offers a lot, if he came in as opposed to batman, he can play through the center, he can play out on the flank and he can play off the striker, he covers a lot of holes, while he has a PL pedigree of double digits in terms of goal scoring. Hes a player i like, so maybe im trying to fit my preference to my opinion. But if i was weighing up a deal for Batman or Cornet i think Cornet makes more sense for us, given his versatility.

Reality wise, we need young Flash and McNeill to cover the spread on Richarilson, i think Cornet helps that.

Fair points mate, i wouldnt be opposed to a striking option, i dont mind batman, as i think thats what you are looking at a second striker in the market, the manager will know well and what he is buying.

I suppose my point is Cornet, offers a lot, if he came in as opposed to batman, he can play through the center, he can play out on the flank and he can play off the striker, he covers a lot of holes, while he has a PL pedigree of double digits in terms of goal scoring. Hes a player i like, so maybe im trying to fit my preference to my opinion. But if i was weighing up a deal for Batman or Cornet i think Cornet makes more sense for us, given his versatility.

Reality wise, we need young Flash and McNeill to cover the spread on Richarilson, i think Cornet helps that.
I wouldn't necessarily be against Cornet coming in, I just think it makes less sense than it did a week ago because of the 2 new signings being able to cover some of the positions he would have done. In theory i'd have gone for someone who can play across the front 3 but now that McNeill's come in i'm not sure we've got the scope for that - Cornet, McNeill, Gordon, Gray and Dele (and Townsend if he gets fit) all effectively competing for 2 places seems like overkill considering some of the other issues in the squad.

I wouldn't necessarily be against Cornet coming in, I just think it makes less sense than it did a week ago because of the 2 new signings being able to cover some of the positions he would have done. In theory i'd have gone for someone who can play across the front 3 but now that McNeill's come in i'm not sure we've got the scope for that - Cornet, McNeill, Gordon, Gray and Dele (and Townsend if he gets fit) all effectively competing for 2 places seems like overkill considering some of the other issues in the squad.

As you say though mate if DCL picks up another injury..... Id like some more threat coming through the central Chanel, its fine coming down the flanks, but its limited and telegraphed, i think we need something centrally thats penetrative and a threat in the central attacking positions, when i look at Cornet i see him almost in the old role Beardsley used to play, hes not as creative, but he has that penetrative pace, to arrive and he can put his laces through them, like what he did vs us, he made a huge impact in our game their. While he can play further upfront on his own if DCL got injured then he covers the flanks, he just brings options and to be honest i like him i think hes a good player, who would add, fair enough we have players who can play in set position at the moment, but we miss any and their is a drop off when not available. I also think DCL could benefit from support. We have to be more of a threat then we were last season. If we agree we could do with another option upfront and its between him and batman i think he just makes more sense.

Deal wise in terms of priorities, i hope we can do it, if we get Idrissa for a nominal and one of the Chelsea midfielders on loan, i dont think we have any other priorities.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back