Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either broja or Dennis close to deadline day is my uneducated guess.
Who we'll get I've no idea but i think that deadline day will see the biggest number of late transfers and loans theres been not just for us but the rest of the premier league. Think theres a lot of brinkmanship going on at the moment waiting for the first to blink.

imo McNeil is a FAR FAR FAR superior player to a 2.5 month career performance (same as Dennis) Cornet.

I'll be a mixture of thrilled and relieved if Dennis and Cornet sign elsewhere.

Our targets now should be

LCB
DM
CM
CF

With the caveat that we need to sell players.
I largely agree - I think we could get by this season without the LCB, but it would be nice - the other three I think are pretty essential

Fair enough Brett. My glass as far as he's concerned is very much half full at the moment until he proves me wrong. It's the old adage, form is temporary, class is permanent. If he get's his mojo back under Frank I think he could become a very good signing for him. To some degree you could say he already has, as I believe his second half performance against Palace is the main reason we are still a Premier League club.
I’ve said it a few times about Dele, as well as Barkley: I couldn’t agree more that form is temporary, but looking at his whole career to date, the good form looks like it was the temporary bit.

Not disagreeing with this approach but I think the Moise Kean episode shows us how fraught and tricky this can be. MK was one of the hottest prospects out there, an amazing coup and yeah… well Everton and all that.
The thing is, even though he was [Poor language removed] for us we’re still making a profit on him because he was young. Same can’t be said for our “prem proven” buys. Worth the risk

Honestly mate, pre injury Bolasie was excellent for us.

In about 10 games had like 6 assists and a couple of goals. It may have just been a skewed sample size, but he looked very good. Was never the same after the injury. Dont even know if hes still playing now.

Bolasie only ever scored once for us , seem to remember it like this anyway , bolasie has never been excellent , he’s been crap his entire career

I think we need 2 strikers and 2 midfielders.

Based on the names seen so far, reckon that will be Gilmour(loan with option), Gana(2year deal), Broja(loan), Cornet(permanent) and hopefully not Barkley

I’ve said it a few times about Dele, as well as Barkley: I couldn’t agree more that form is temporary, but looking at his whole career to date, the good form looks like it was the temporary bit.
I disagree Brett. His brilliant form was the temporary bit. Had injury problems since then and also played in different positions. But still had stats that compared with any midfielder we've had over the same period. Last couple of seasons his form was poor. But if he can get back to his average seasons he'd still be producing a goal/assist every 2.5 games. I'd take that right now.

I think we need 2 strikers and 2 midfielders.

Based on the names seen so far, reckon that will be Gilmour(loan with option), Gana(2year deal), Broja(loan), Cornet(permanent) and hopefully not Barkley
Can we loan two players from the same team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back