Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads on here, apparently. Seems they're content with some crap 'backup' as our only addition to the striker department. Never mind remembering we're just lost our best player who happens to be our best attacker too, let's just get in somebody who is not at all good enough to start games for us and hope DCL can remain fit for 90 minutes of every single game this season, and that our assist-shy midfielders can turn in the seasons of their lives as well!
I've not seen that at all. Some may show acceptance of the financial situation we find ourselves in, but I don't believe anybody is happy or even content with the situation. Just realistic.

Look at the graphic, soak it in, we do not need another wide player this Summer.

We need a defensive mid, a centre mid & a striker.

View attachment 175733

Yeah I agree mate, the priority HAS to be CM, and I think we need 2 minimum.

Then would probably still go for a attacker that could play across the 3 positions. I am not sure I can watch Gray cut in and ignore petter placed players for a Hollywood shot much more.

I think its intriguing the squad makeup at the moment, I think that out of the 3 upfront (if we carry on with the 343 route) tuck in so they aren't as such out and out wingers - I think Pulisic would fit into that system.

Like you say though, there is tonnes of players who can play wing, lots of square pegs.

Yeh I mean he's a great player, we just need to make the squad more balanced, we can't have a billion wingers, 1 striker, and expect to do anything good this season.

Yeh I mean he's a great player, we just need to make the squad more balanced, we can't have a billion wingers, 1 striker, and expect to do anything good this season.

Yeah I agree mate, think If you see my other reply you'll see what I mean on why I wouldn't be apposed to bringing him in.

Need more balance though, and actually the right pegs in the right holes, instead of a mishmash of players who barely fit a system

Fraser Fletcher saying Moyes and Newcastle are now in for Cornet and have deals on the table.

? Maxwel Cornet future getting closer. Newcastle pushing for deal with Burnley and West Ham have offer on table now as winger looks set to leave as expected ⚫⚪#NUFC ⚒️#WHUFC pic.twitter.com/hpittRaGHF

— Fraser Fletcher (@[Publication is blacklisted]) August 1, 2022

Think we'll regret this one if true.

Where's he playing? We'd have about 90 wingers and 1 striker.

If we are playing 343 then we won't be using traditional wingers (I hope), but more inside attackers, to allow wing backs the width.

We need goalscorers, not players defined by a certain position. Output is what matters. We cannot go into the season with only Calvert Lewin as an attacker with the ability to get 10 goals. Richarlison is only replaced when we sign someone who has the ability to get 10 goals - I don't care if they are a traditional 9 or can play across the front 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back