Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyone's obsession with the term "Richarlison replacement" we don't need a left winger, we need an actual striker. We have an abudance of left wingers which Richy was.
To be honest I think the club might see Dele as the man tasked with replacing his goal contributions

Shame. Remember seeing him linked with Leeds. Would like us to invest in a young prospect like that
Not disagreeing with this approach but I think the Moise Kean episode shows us how fraught and tricky this can be. MK was one of the hottest prospects out there, an amazing coup and yeah… well Everton and all that.

Who thinks that?
Loads on here, apparently. Seems they're content with some crap 'backup' as our only addition to the striker department. Never mind remembering we're just lost our best player who happens to be our best attacker too, let's just get in somebody who is not at all good enough to start games for us and hope DCL can remain fit for 90 minutes of every single game this season, and that our assist-shy midfielders can turn in the seasons of their lives as well!

Vinagre and McNeil - while neither are the most exciting names - both went from “rumour” to “done” in no time. I’m hoping the same for whoever we bring in as striker.

Batshuayi feels like the inevitable 2+2 Chelsea rumour, however eager his agent is to further it in the press.

I have no clue/suggestion as to who we may finally end up with but I’m hoping it’s someone younger and who can at least replace some of Richy’s crazy energy at the top end of the pitch.

Can't imagine we're in for Cornet, still think we want Broja though

Dont know why I have a weird feeling Cornet to us will be done - but late.

If reports are to believed (who knows really) he has agreed personal terms with us but no-one else and we are haggling over the fee, small upfront fee and over the term which has led to Burnley asking for more.

I have a weird feeling that might be done last day or so to deadline day.

Not sure its right move now though, Myko, Vinagre should be enough for the LWB spot - and am not sure he plays like Lampard wants to two 2 of the 3 upfront tucking in.

Who knows, guess its all about flexibility - but with Thelwell literally writing the book on 352 (still can't believe he wrote a book on it), and frank preferring it, I think its clear thats the route we will be going

Vinagre and McNeil - while neither are the most exciting names - both went from “rumour” to “done” in no time. I’m hoping the same for whoever we bring in as striker.

Batshuayi feels like the inevitable 2+2 Chelsea rumour, however eager his agent is to further it in the press.

I have no clue/suggestion as to who we may finally end up with but I’m hoping it’s someone younger and who can at least replace some of Richy’s crazy energy at the top end of the pitch.

Batshuayi feels just like a lazy link, I get it though - when you're looking at our front line and have DCL and then Rondon behind him, I would make that link up too ?

Not disagreeing with this approach but I think the Moise Kean episode shows us how fraught and tricky this can be. MK was one of the hottest prospects out there, an amazing coup and yeah… well Everton and all that.

Big difference for me mate - Kean had looked brilliant over probably less than a total of 10 full games as most of it was off the bench for Juve - also they're a dominant team so lots of those minutes he's coming in to tap in the 3/4th - this french lads at 20 had two full seasons in loan at a middling french side and did well then improved significantly second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back