Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loads on here, apparently. Seems they're content with some crap 'backup' as our only addition to the striker department. Never mind remembering we're just lost our best player who happens to be our best attacker too, let's just get in somebody who is not at all good enough to start games for us and hope DCL can remain fit for 90 minutes of every single game this season, and that our assist-shy midfielders can turn in the seasons of their lives as well!
A lot of reading between the lines going on there, mate.

With DCL’s injury problems, a “backup” isn’t the Rondon-esque benchwarmer you seem to assume most people are after, but someone who could well split playing time with Dom in the region of 50/50 and be expected to weigh in with a significant number of goals.

McNeil looks like he’s earmarked to play the mirror image of Richy, cutting inside onto his stronger foot (remember Richy’s debut vs Wolves?!) so we may find his output a pleasant surprise just as we did when we signed Richy on the back of a 5-goal season where he didn’t bag at all post-Christmas.

Batshuayi feels just like a lazy link, I get it though - when you're looking at our front line and have DCL and then Rondon behind him, I would make that link up too ?
I don’t doubt Frank has been in touch with Chelsea and I don’t doubt Batshuayi’s name has been mentioned but I highly doubt - and I’m probably giving it the kiss of death as we speak - that he’s our Plan A, B, C or D.

I don’t doubt Frank has been in touch with Chelsea and I don’t doubt Batshuayi’s name has been mentioned but I highly doubt - and I’m probably giving it the kiss of death as we speak - that he’s our Plan A, B, C or D.

Yeah, I mean look, would he be in my preferred 4/5 strikers/attackers we signed, no.

However after watching Rondon do what I can only describe has his best to not score and be in goal scoring positions, I wouldn't turn my nose up at him.

He might not set the world alight, but he might grab a few more goals then Rondon which we will need.

Big difference for me mate - Kean had looked brilliant over probably less than a total of 10 full games as most of it was off the bench for Juve - also they're a dominant team so lots of those minutes he's coming in to tap in the 3/4th - this french lads at 20 had two full seasons in loan at a middling french side and did well then improved significantly second season.
Big difference for me is one played for Juventus (you got to be pretty special to do that - would they play DCL?) and the other plays for a middling French club. Night and day.
But.. I get the principle and would be happy to role the dice.. but if DCL injured and this guy couldn’t hack the premier league, we’re in the mire. It’s a dilemma for sure

Look at the graphic, soak it in, we do not need another wide player this Summer.

We need a defensive mid, a centre mid & a striker.

Untitled.png

Where's he playing? We'd have about 90 wingers and 1 striker.

I think its intriguing the squad makeup at the moment, I think that out of the 3 upfront (if we carry on with the 343 route) tuck in so they aren't as such out and out wingers - I think Pulisic would fit into that system.

Like you say though, there is tonnes of players who can play wing, lots of square pegs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back