Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame. Remember seeing him linked with Leeds. Would like us to invest in a young prospect like that

Think Leeds have had three bids knocked back - West Ham now being linked (in both cases he's being reported as a backup - to Banford and the lad West Ham just bought), Newcastle linked earlier in the window but apparently doesn't want to join their 'project'

Well we've spent that on McNeil. Do you think we now have that to spend again on a backup striker?

Actually mate yes I do, as by accounts we aren't paying much up front for McNeil off this year's P&S.

The amount we can spend isn't the major issue this summer - as long as the structure of the payments keep us within the regulations - hence the Cornet get free pay 20+ million next season offers.

Would we pay that much on a backup striker, well one where we can structure the deal in a way that causes little outlay on this years accounts, whose got a lot of potential, and whose overall risk/cost is low, then I'd say yes - IF it doesn't impair other deals regarded as more essential.

Which let's face it after Gueye, we have another cm as a 'need' followed by this position everything else is a 'want'.

We offered PSG the same deal we offered for Cornet they'd likely accept it, loan, obligation to buy next season fir an amount higher than they'd get this year off anyone

I don't really see McNeil as a Richarlison replacement so don't think we can rule out spending that sort of money on a forward. It depends who we can move on first.

What's everyone's obsession with the term "Richarlison replacement" we don't need a left winger, we need an actual striker. We have an abudance of left wingers which Richy was.

Still need a midfielder, I'd be chucking £15mil towards that area first

It's not a case of either or though mate.

One doesn't proclude the other.

We could loan this lad with an obligation to buy, then buy that cm this sesson, or buy this guy, loan in a cm.

It comes down to how much we have, how we can spread that over the deals we need to make, and who is available out of players we want for loan/buy.

What's everyone's obsession with the term "Richarlison replacement" we don't need a left winger, we need an actual striker. We have an abudance of left wingers which Richy was.

It's not an obsession. He was one of our two goalscorers so we need to bring in a goalscorer.

McNeil is more a Townsend replacement and an upgrade on him and Gray. We are one injury away from playing Rondon again. We used to have Richarlison as the back up option in that position, so that's why he needs replaced properly.

I meant more where the money is going. Backup striker for £15m or £15m on a proper centre mid - which you taking? Regardless of Gana.

I think what decides that is are either open to loan deals with obligations (or without) and how flexible they are on structure of the deals mate.

I agree, McNeil isn't a "Richarlison replacement" but that player, is just going to be a backup to Dom, that's all we need.

In a 38 game season, DCL is not gonna play a full 90 every game, sone games you'll need two up front when chasing it etc, he can go massively off form, he can break down or have repeated knocks mate

We aren't looking at solely a backup - we are looking at a possible needed option to have up front for a period of games mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back