Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll be interesting to see if Dennis leaves Watford this window. Apparently, he was fantastic last night for Watford.

Twitter was raving about him last night.

Dennis and Gibbs-White would really improve the side when you include Gana, McNeil and Tarky to the equation.

Cant see us getting either sadly - think maybe Cornet and Gilmour oot the names linked are more realistic in terms of our finances.

But was also substantially worse than Dennis in our league last year.
I agree, though he was only 19/20 and he did better than we think per Watford fans. Dennis was more physically ready for PL but Pedro has far more upside. Dennis is the kind of signing we often make. Pedro is, like Richarlison, the kind of signing we should make more often IMO.

Dennis and Gibbs-White would really improve the side when you include Gana, McNeil and Tarky to the equation.

Cant see us getting either sadly - think maybe Cornet and Gilmour oot the names linked are more realistic in terms of our finances.
Think dennis has more chance than cornet will cost more but i think we could put less doen at the start. Burnley want more upfront

To the extent that we have resources I am perplexed. But we really need striker cover and a DM. Not day 1 starting 11, but potential laden additions that could viably transition to starters, and provide in house replacement a year from now after likely sell ons in DCL and or changes/aging out in Allan and Doucoure.

Just focusing on Strikers, this window there is a fair amount of examples of teams making good investments around the 15 million mark. For strikers Adam Hložek to Leverkusen is a great example. Obviously he is likely stepping in right away but the prospect level to price is something we would be smart in replicating. Same goes for former toffee Mohamed Ali Cho to Sociedad for 16 million. A year from now both players could easily double that evaluation.

In terms of strikers Lassina Traore at Shakhtar fits that mold for probably closest to that price point. Very analogous to Dom as well. Other names Jonathan Burkardt Oihan Sancet are in a similar mold although probably at 20 million. Still Thelwell might be wise to relay that now, and have resources of a DCL sell down the line for other positions.

A tier up Goncalo Ramos at Benfica would be excellent business. A year from now he could be 50 million dollar player. I think Benfica likely scoff as he is Darwin's replacement but a really exciting player.

SSN: West Ham in Cornet talks​

West Ham have held initial talks with Burnley over the signing of Burnley winger Maxwel Cornet.

The Hammers are thought to favour a loan for the 25-year-old Ivory Coast international.

Cornet was not involved in the Burnley squad for their opening Sky Bet Championship game at Huddersfield Town, with manager Vincent Kompany saying he wasn’t at the “right physical level”.

Last month, Sky Sports News reported Everton were in talks about signing Cornet, who is understood to have a £17.5million release clause in his contract.

SSN: West Ham in Cornet talks​

West Ham have held initial talks with Burnley over the signing of Burnley winger Maxwel Cornet.

The Hammers are thought to favour a loan for the 25-year-old Ivory Coast international.

Cornet was not involved in the Burnley squad for their opening Sky Bet Championship game at Huddersfield Town, with manager Vincent Kompany saying he wasn’t at the “right physical level”.

Last month, Sky Sports News reported Everton were in talks about signing Cornet, who is understood to have a £17.5million release clause in his contract.
Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the player if nobody is willing to pay his release clause and his current manager is questioning his physical state.

I don’t trust anyone that tells me Gilmour is a good player having seen how Chelsea are going out of their way to not include him in any squads and haven’t even given him a number, I just think people are going off his performance against England last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back