Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on Ben Diaz again - it does seem surprising that there's seemingly been no links to any Prem clubs given his form over the last two seasons. 33 goals in 80-ish appearances in the Championship is a solid return and with his current deal at Rovers expiring in 2023 he wouldn't be massive money either. Still only 23 years old.

Yep, this is my main argument against him

He can play off a front man, but he can't really lead the line

We have cover out wide, but when DCL is injured we have nobody (Rondon aside) who can play as a central striker - that has to be the priority. Broja makes perfect sense, I completely understand why they want him. The other one I think makes sense (given how he profiles in all the stats etc) is Joao Pedro, but I haven't seen any links with him leaving at all.

He's not a no 9 in the conventual sense, in the sense that he can play other positions and probably best just behind arriving or at inside forward, but he can play through the centre the same way Richarlison could and he wasnt a conventual 9. Personally id like someone who will be useful going forward in other areas as opposed to a Kone or Valencia.

Last edited:

Belotti or Cavani on a free has to be a look in if they're at all interested?

Belotti's wages wouldn't be as problematic as CAvanis.

Replying in the transfer thread...

I think the idea is to bring in Broja after the Chelsea game.

Then next summer we sell DCL + Kean and are well up on FFP / P&S just before the stadium is built.

I think Broja would have been brought in already if we were playing Chelsea after 10+ games...
I don’t think that makes sense mate. Even though he can’t play in the opener, you’d still want him training with the rest of the team and maybe even giving us a few sly tips.

I think you’re possibly just soothing yourself with that excuse until we don’t sign him after the Chelsea game.

I don’t think that makes sense mate. Even though he can’t play in the opener, you’d still want him training with the rest of the team and maybe even giving us a few sly tips.

I think you’re possibly just soothing yourself with that excuse until we don’t sign him after the Chelsea game.
Chelsea might be refusing to even discuss the possibility until after they play us.

They are being slated by their fans got their poor work in the window and lack of attacking options, so to then let a promising young forward go to a team you are about to play would not go down well. Their fans are not confident of coming to Goodison - they reckon it's always a nightmare. And if they let him come on a permanent deal, they cannot mandate that he doesn't play against them. Don't think they'd loan him out until they bring in another striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.