Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on Ben Diaz again - it does seem surprising that there's seemingly been no links to any Prem clubs given his form over the last two seasons. 33 goals in 80-ish appearances in the Championship is a solid return and with his current deal at Rovers expiring in 2023 he wouldn't be massive money either. Still only 23 years old.
Diaz was linked with West Ham, but it sounds like he could now be going to Wolves

Just think when we had the dough we could have been making signings like Onana to be a CM General instead that divvy Brands was signing the likes of Gomes and Delph.

Set us back years that fella.

Cant really have ago at him signing those two players can you?

After gomes first season we would of all gone off our heads if we hadn't of signed him.

Delph seemed like a good idea £8m for a experienced, leader who could cover a few positions and help bed in gbamin. Its not really brands fault that Delph got here and then when the going got tough he decided he'd rather pretend to be injured then play football.

Cant really have ago at him signing those two players can you?

After gomes first season we would of all gone off our heads if we hadn't of signed him.

Delph seemed like a good idea £8m for a experienced, leader who could cover a few positions and help bed in gbamin. Its not really brands fault that Delph got here and then when the going got tough he decided he'd rather pretend to be injured then play football.
I think Gbamin wasn't his fault but Delph's fitness record was all documented

Unsurprising really.

Screenshot_20220803-125241_Twitter.jpg

Just think when we had the dough we could have been making signings like Onana to be a CM General instead that divvy Brands was signing the likes of Gomes and Delph.

Set us back years that fella.
I love that you're praising Onana before he's even kicked a ball in the premier league. For all you know he could end up an expensive mistake like Gbamin.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment that we have been set back massively with our bad transfer dealings. Let's not assume everyone else's signings will be perfect

Article on The Athletic this morning:

- 2 year deal will be offered to Gueye.
- Still want another midfielder after likely return of Gueye.
- Will push for a powerful, box to box midfielder. Onana liked, £30m asking fee an obstacle.
- Will target a versatile forward.
- Continuing to explore Borja deal.
- Mina & Gomes will be available at the right price.
- Broadhead (offered a new deal) & Nkounkou to move on loan.
Interesting. It seems like based on this report that we might be after a different profile than a Gilmour/Winks type for the other midfielder. Which I’d be very surprised about. I would have thought Gueye would have fit the powerful profile and now we’d be after more of a holding type who can control a game.

Especially considering how Lampard used Kante at Chelsea, I’m not sure Gueye is the answer as the holding mid/number 6. Plus the presence of Doucoure. Not that we shouldn’t be upgrading on Doucoure, I’m just concerned that we don’t have a single player whose best fit is as a holding midfielder.

Maybe reading into this too much…the Athletic fellas are very reliable but don’t get very groundbreaking transfer scoops.

67969CCB-B513-41F8-90D1-63EC7E319675.jpeg

Diaz was linked with West Ham, but it sounds like he could now be going to Wolves
Yeah surprised he hasn’t moved yet, maybe teams view him in Mitrovic mold where he’s best suited to that level. Would seem a good low cost gamble for us at this point, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.