Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once a player is captured in a Glasgow Rangers shirt there is no redemption, eh mate?
He played for Celtic before them.

This is just lazy.

I'm not surprised people who want him here deflect though..it saves having to JUSTIFY this feller's meagre talents.

Good morning legends. After the curtain opener last night the new season kicks off for the toffees and I sincerely wish you all the very best in the coming months. After last season I like to think things can only get better (D-ream) and as the club appears to build momentum through pre-season and now in the transfer window I feel it hard to argue against the business that’s been done and what Frank L and Paul T are trying to do. Frankly, we been a shambles in most areas of the pitch. Since coming in and being joined by a new DOF we have strengthened at CB, full back, soon to be in midfield and with McNeill, at least started the job in attack. Last season the defence was a mess and whether you feel Tarkowski and Coady are too old or aren’t good enough they are better than what we have and fit a system, they are experienced and give me encouragement that there is at least a profile of the type of player we need. Indeed, 1 or 2 more in and we could be looking so much better.

So again, the very best to you one and all, let’s stick together and continue to make this site the great melting pot it has been and continues to be for all of us.

Also…… here’s so transfer rumours and stories FYI.

Pressure is mounting on Everton to bring in a new striker this summer with Dominic Calvert-Lewin now injured for up to six weeks.

One player the Toffees have been linked with is Borussia Monchengladbach attacker Alassane Plea [L’Equipe] who found his best form towards the end of the 2021-22 season. The 29-year-old has scored double figures in goals in each of his last six seasons at Gladbach and with OGC Nice before then and he now is the target of a move from the Ligue 1 side.

According to Le10 Sport, though, Plea is not seeking a Premier League payday and wants to return to the South Coast of France but that should not deter the Toffees from making an approach.

West Ham have suffered a massive blow after they lost Amadou Onana, who is on the verge of joining Everton.

Fabrizio Romano, the Guardian journalist, shared on Twitter on 5 August that the Toffees have reached a full agreement to sign the Lille midfielder.

Amadou Onana’s move to Everton is at a very advanced stage with the player already on Merseyside for his medical, according to Sky Sports.

A fee has been agreed with Lille and the player is in Liverpool for a medical with the club hopeful of getting it over the line by midday in order for him to play against Chelsea on Saturday evening according to Alan Myers.

Writing on his personal Twitter account, Myers said; “Onana deal at a very advanced stage, player on Merseyside for medical and [fee] agreed, race is on to get it done by midday.”

Everton will pay €36m (£30.3m) + €4m (£3.3m) in add-ons for Onana [Saber Desfarges], with Lille retaining a 20% sell-on clause from the deal too.

Everton have been linked with Chelsea striker Armando Broja throughout the summer transfer window however According to journalist Ben Jacobs, Newcastle United will have the chance to sign Armando Broja this summer, but still, face competition from the likes of West Ham United and Everton.

Also

As per iNews, the Merseyside club ‘retain an interest’ in signing Broja, whose future at Stamford Bridge is ‘uncertain’.

Everton want to complete the signing of Wolves defender Conor Coady in timely fashion this summer, that is according to 90 mins

Coady has been with Wolves since 2015, having joined from Huddersfield Town. The 29-year-old has been critical to the Midlands’ club establishing themselves in the Premier League. Captain of the team, the centre-back has featured 317 times for Wolves to date, and has even chipped in with seven goals and assists apiece.

Everton and by extension Director of Football Kevin Thelwell are reportedly now ‘confident’ in signing Conor Coady ‘quickly’.

The Goodison Park outfit are reportedly close to finalising a double swoop for central midfielders Amadou Onana and Idrissa Gueye, who would be their fourth and fifth signings respectively after bringing in James Tarkowski, Ruben Vinagre and Dwight McNeil.

Taking to Twitter, journalist Fraser Fletcher has revealed that Coady has now told Wolves that he ‘would like’ to move to the Toffees, adding that they are ‘confident’ of striking a deal ‘quickly’:

Conor Coady has told Wolves he would like move to Everton. Wolves are willing to sell the club captain and Everton confident of striking deal quickly.”

Fabio Romano reported earlier on Friday that only the final details were left to iron out. Gueye will join on a permanent deal and the transfer fee – though not stated – won’t be high given the player’s age and contract status. His current deal in Paris only has 12 months to run.

In a fresh update, the trusted source confirmed Gueye hasn’t been included in PSG’s first matchday squad of the season to face Clermont Foot on Saturday.

That is to ensure his move to Everton isn’t scuppered by an unfortunate late injury. Romano concluded the deal is ‘one step away’ from completion.

Taking to Twitter, Belgian football journalist Sacha Tavolieri has revealed that the Merseyside club are now ‘interested’ in signing Batshuayi, and Lampard has already ‘validated’ a move:

“The Toffees are interested in Michy Batshuayi. Frank Lampard validated the profile. Chelsea wants a permanent transfer. On the player side, we like the idea of a one-year extension and a loan at Everton. To be continued.”

Finally, another name from earlier in the summer has come back up. Chelsea failed to offer squad numbers to a handful of players — Ethan Ampadu, Kenedy, Billy Gilmour, Ross Barkley and Michy Batshuayi — who all been told they can find their futures elsewhere. The last three of those names have all been linked with the Toffees, but now it’s being reported that Everton are back for midfielder Billy Gilmour though formal talks are yet to happen and the Blues are interested in the 21-year-old on a loan deal.

View attachment 176257View attachment 176256View attachment 176258

Excellent work and good sniffing out newshound

Good morning legends. After the curtain opener last night the new season kicks off for the toffees and I sincerely wish you all the very best in the coming months. After last season I like to think things can only get better (D-ream) and as the club appears to build momentum through pre-season and now in the transfer window I feel it hard to argue against the business that’s been done and what Frank L and Paul T are trying to do. Frankly, we been a shambles in most areas of the pitch. Since coming in and being joined by a new DOF we have strengthened at CB, full back, soon to be in midfield and with McNeill, at least started the job in attack. Last season the defence was a mess and whether you feel Tarkowski and Coady are too old or aren’t good enough they are better than what we have and fit a system, they are experienced and give me encouragement that there is at least a profile of the type of player we need. Indeed, 1 or 2 more in and we could be looking so much better.

So again, the very best to you one and all, let’s stick together and continue to make this site the great melting pot it has been and continues to be for all of us.

Also…… here’s so transfer rumours and stories FYI.

Pressure is mounting on Everton to bring in a new striker this summer with Dominic Calvert-Lewin now injured for up to six weeks.

One player the Toffees have been linked with is Borussia Monchengladbach attacker Alassane Plea [L’Equipe] who found his best form towards the end of the 2021-22 season. The 29-year-old has scored double figures in goals in each of his last six seasons at Gladbach and with OGC Nice before then and he now is the target of a move from the Ligue 1 side.

According to Le10 Sport, though, Plea is not seeking a Premier League payday and wants to return to the South Coast of France but that should not deter the Toffees from making an approach.

West Ham have suffered a massive blow after they lost Amadou Onana, who is on the verge of joining Everton.

Fabrizio Romano, the Guardian journalist, shared on Twitter on 5 August that the Toffees have reached a full agreement to sign the Lille midfielder.

Amadou Onana’s move to Everton is at a very advanced stage with the player already on Merseyside for his medical, according to Sky Sports.

A fee has been agreed with Lille and the player is in Liverpool for a medical with the club hopeful of getting it over the line by midday in order for him to play against Chelsea on Saturday evening according to Alan Myers.

Writing on his personal Twitter account, Myers said; “Onana deal at a very advanced stage, player on Merseyside for medical and [fee] agreed, race is on to get it done by midday.”

Everton will pay €36m (£30.3m) + €4m (£3.3m) in add-ons for Onana [Saber Desfarges], with Lille retaining a 20% sell-on clause from the deal too.

Everton have been linked with Chelsea striker Armando Broja throughout the summer transfer window however According to journalist Ben Jacobs, Newcastle United will have the chance to sign Armando Broja this summer, but still, face competition from the likes of West Ham United and Everton.

Also

As per iNews, the Merseyside club ‘retain an interest’ in signing Broja, whose future at Stamford Bridge is ‘uncertain’.

Everton want to complete the signing of Wolves defender Conor Coady in timely fashion this summer, that is according to 90 mins

Coady has been with Wolves since 2015, having joined from Huddersfield Town. The 29-year-old has been critical to the Midlands’ club establishing themselves in the Premier League. Captain of the team, the centre-back has featured 317 times for Wolves to date, and has even chipped in with seven goals and assists apiece.

Everton and by extension Director of Football Kevin Thelwell are reportedly now ‘confident’ in signing Conor Coady ‘quickly’.

The Goodison Park outfit are reportedly close to finalising a double swoop for central midfielders Amadou Onana and Idrissa Gueye, who would be their fourth and fifth signings respectively after bringing in James Tarkowski, Ruben Vinagre and Dwight McNeil.

Taking to Twitter, journalist Fraser Fletcher has revealed that Coady has now told Wolves that he ‘would like’ to move to the Toffees, adding that they are ‘confident’ of striking a deal ‘quickly’:

Conor Coady has told Wolves he would like move to Everton. Wolves are willing to sell the club captain and Everton confident of striking deal quickly.”

Fabio Romano reported earlier on Friday that only the final details were left to iron out. Gueye will join on a permanent deal and the transfer fee – though not stated – won’t be high given the player’s age and contract status. His current deal in Paris only has 12 months to run.

In a fresh update, the trusted source confirmed Gueye hasn’t been included in PSG’s first matchday squad of the season to face Clermont Foot on Saturday.

That is to ensure his move to Everton isn’t scuppered by an unfortunate late injury. Romano concluded the deal is ‘one step away’ from completion.

Taking to Twitter, Belgian football journalist Sacha Tavolieri has revealed that the Merseyside club are now ‘interested’ in signing Batshuayi, and Lampard has already ‘validated’ a move:

“The Toffees are interested in Michy Batshuayi. Frank Lampard validated the profile. Chelsea wants a permanent transfer. On the player side, we like the idea of a one-year extension and a loan at Everton. To be continued.”

Finally, another name from earlier in the summer has come back up. Chelsea failed to offer squad numbers to a handful of players — Ethan Ampadu, Kenedy, Billy Gilmour, Ross Barkley and Michy Batshuayi — who all been told they can find their futures elsewhere. The last three of those names have all been linked with the Toffees, but now it’s being reported that Everton are back for midfielder Billy Gilmour though formal talks are yet to happen and the Blues are interested in the 21-year-old on a loan deal.

View attachment 176257View attachment 176256View attachment 176258

Much appreciated, Bob.

Wow, that's some thumbs up review you gave him. I dont recognise that player AT ALL.

If he was that kind of player he'd be in Chelsea's first team or else playing CL football with some other elite club.

He never shifted the dial in the Champisnhip, that's how impressive this lad actually is.

We have different opinions all right mate, i acutely think i held back a bit that in review, he can turn on the ball, i love a player who can trun on the ball and turn it over...but i digress.

He has a Champions League medal, didnt play on the final but was on the bench, he played two games in that campaign.

Dont think he played in the Championship mate.

Could be mate, i rate Gilmour though.
Me too, he is a very young lad who was in a very poor side. If he comes here he'll have Gana to look after him hopefully. Plus he will have toughened up with last season's experience. Not fair to call a 20 year old crap when playing in the leagues worst team.

We have different opinions all right mate, i acutely think i held back a bit that in review, he can turn on the ball, i love a player who can trun on the ball and turn it over...but i digress.

He has a Champions League medal, didnt play on the final but was on the bench, he played two games in that campaign.

Dont think he played in the Championship mate.
Yeah, sorry. For Norwich anyway, a Championship level team.

Me too, he is a very young lad who was in a very poor side. If he comes here he'll have Gana to look after him hopefully. Plus he will have toughened up with last season's experience. Not fair to call a 20 year old crap when playing in the leagues worst team.

Its the old, we want young unproven players with talent, until we are linked with said unproven player with talent and jumping to "what have they ever done". (Despite winning the Champions League).

I think hes a more attractive signing after his loan move at Norwich to be honest, up until that point he had never experienced adversity - i mean hailed and a CL medal at 18/19, he has had his dose of adversity now and will be the better for it.

Its the old, we want young unproven players with talent, until we are linked with said unproven player with talent and jumping to "what have they ever done, despite winning the Champions League".

I think hes more attractive after his loan move at Norwich to be honest, up until that point he had never experienced adversity - i mean hailed and a CL medal at 18/19, he has now, hes a more attractive signing now in my opinion.
I totally agree, how many bit part squad players from top teams, move on and can't handle the fight? It's easier when all the other players are world class and you come in for the odd game.
My only problem, signing him is if he is a loan, does well and goes back. Like we are developing Chelsea's players for them. But I guess that's the gamble.

I totally agree, how many bit part squad players from top teams, move on and can't handle the fight? It's easier when all the other players are world class and you come in for the odd game.
My only problem, signing him is if he is a loan, does well and goes back. Like we are developing Chelsea's players for them. But I guess that's the gamble.

There is definitely a market for the younger players at City and Chelsea, many clubs have cottoned onto. Chelsea are becoming more savy, now the new loan rules have changed they are selling players - but inserting buy back clauses. So i think it would be a tough negotiation getting Gilmour on either a loan or a permanent in my opinion mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.