Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both players are crocks mate.

Added to that Rennes want 15m for him, Kalimuendo they're interested in at 20-22m as his replacement, we'd basically be taking a injury prone average 25yo off them and allowing them to get a 20yo whose already outperformed this lad and has massive potential to become a top player for 5-6m extra

I thought this one had the most logic to it myself mate, but maybe not, i cant see us signing him if his injury record is that poor - seems to be one of the think Kev is targeting as a key piece of his due diligence.

Does he mate, i haven't seen a lot of him, i very rarely watch French football, i remember him being linked with Chelsea after a CL game, Utd and a long time ago i think Wegner wanted him before he bit the bullet.

Of all the forwards linked - was thinking to myself this probably the most logical and seemed to be a bit of smoke - i think Chelsea went in for him when Lampard was there - or else it was reported they did anyway.
He is not even a massive goalscorer either, mostly single figure numbers, not sure about the other guy mentioned other than he is 6ft 7 or something like that.

I thought this one had the most logic to it myself mate, but maybe not, i cant see us signing him if his injury record is that poor - seems to be one of the think Kev is targeting as a key piece of his due diligence.

Yeah I think any player whose missed a lot of time over the past 3-4 seasons will not get past the suggestion stage mate, the name could have cropped up as a suggestion from Lampard but think it'd have ended when looking at his fitness record in detail.

You are bringing in competition or cover or a long term replacement for an injury prone player - you don't go for another injury prone player

Had a look at his youtube clip last night, looks a right rangy, gangly nuisance, Crouch style.

Anyone else notice all fit - we have some absolute right monsters in our team.

I just have a sneaky feeling the thing delaying the Gueye transfer is trying to get a move for Kalimuendo sorted at the same time whilst we're already in talks with them.

Depends on if Lampard would trust a 20yo to come in as our striker I guess

Least I hope that's the reason.

Yeah I think any player whose missed a lot of time over the past 3-4 seasons will not get past the suggestion stage mate, the name could have cropped up as a suggestion from Lampard but think it'd have ended when looking at his fitness record in detail.

You are bringing in competition or cover or a long term replacement for an injury prone player - you don't go for another injury prone player

I know who'd you'd like mate....i wondered about Moussa Demeble - he's done it everywhere and is on a free next summer.

Had a look at his youtube clip last night, looks a right rangy, gangly nuisance, Crouch style.

Anyone else notice all fit - we have some absolute right monsters in our team.

I was just thinking this before, when everyone is fit:

Doucoure DCL Mina Onana Holgate Godfrey Tarkowski

We’ve suddenly got quite a bit of height and physicality in the team. Even the likes of Mykolenko Gueye Patterson Gordon Iwobi are fairly robust and physical

It’s a far cry from when we had Davies Bernard Digne Gomes Siggurdson Coleman getting outmuscled and outran by most teams.

I was just thinking this before, when everyone is fit:

Doucoure DCL Mina Onana Holgate Godfrey Tarkowski

We’ve suddenly got quite a bit of height and physicality in the team. Even the likes of Mykolenko Gueye Patterson Gordon Iwobi are fairly robust and physical

It’s a far cry from when we had Davies Bernard Digne Gomes Siggurdson Coleman getting outmuscled and outran by most teams.

I think its purposeful mate, i think we heading into a period of power, presence and athleticism, seems to be key criteria - especially in the engine room.

Remember Carlos first six months and the wet Weetabix centre midfield of Davies and Gylfi - still getting over that.

Be interesting to see how he handle it - whether we grab someone now - or we hold out for the right lid - Rondons back at the weekend.
I don't think who we where targeting will change mate - I don't think the clubs veered at all from a list of players it had interest in.

If anything we already needed a striker, DCL breaking down heightens that need but also means the need for him to be a quality backup is increased too, the opposite really of panicking to try cover now the need to get the best we can is more than ever true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back