Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This won't go down well here, but one of biggest highlights of this transfer window is the return of William Kenwright CBE to top of the table.

Some fans will never take to him. He has his flaws, but in terms of deal-making I think he's one of the best in the business. Everyone used to say how shrewd Moyes was with transfers. Well, Moyes used to say it was all down to his relationship with Kenwright and vice-versa.

This window has seen Moshiri take a backseat, and without other influences like quasi DOF/board directors and super agents, Thelwell & Lampard have set out a plan to spend what they earned from sales to fit a clear strategy - squeezing out every last drop - just as Kenwright and Moyes used to with Rodwell, Lescott sales.

Yes he puffs himself up a lot of the time, gets too excited and says silly quotes ('good times' etc) and fans will point to the lack of trophies during his tenure as Chairman, but ultimately if he has taken back the reins of the catastrophic transfer dealing since 2016 and steadies the ship until Bramley Moore Dock arrives in 2024. The game changes considerably from that point on and he will be remembered as the chairman who found the people to finance Everton's new home. Don't underestimate how important the new stadium will be to the next 50 years.
Step 1: Take right hand.
Step 2: Open hand.
Step 3: Slap yourself silly until it hurts.
Step 4: Repeat.

Edit: In fairness if he has to be involved i would rather that version of Kenwright.

This won't go down well here, but one of biggest highlights of this transfer window is the return of William Kenwright CBE to top of the table.

Some fans will never take to him. He has his flaws, but in terms of deal-making I think he's one of the best in the business. Everyone used to say how shrewd Moyes was with transfers. Well, Moyes used to say it was all down to his relationship with Kenwright and vice-versa.

This window has seen Moshiri take a backseat, and without other influences like quasi DOF/board directors and super agents, Thelwell & Lampard have set out a plan to spend what they earned from sales to fit a clear strategy - squeezing out every last drop - just as Kenwright and Moyes used to with Rodwell, Lescott sales.

Yes he puffs himself up a lot of the time, gets too excited and says silly quotes ('good times' etc) and fans will point to the lack of trophies during his tenure as Chairman, but ultimately if he has taken back the reins of the catastrophic transfer dealing since 2016 and steadies the ship until Bramley Moore Dock arrives in 2024. The game changes considerably from that point on and he will be remembered as the chairman who found the people to finance Everton's new home. Don't underestimate how important the new stadium will be to the next 50 years.
He's been involved all the way along

Broja top target seemingly and maybe the others mentioned are on a list?

…possibly but if that’s the case, I was a little surprised to see him take to the pitch on Saturday. Also, I doubt we’d be taking the risk of leaving it until late in the window for something that might not transpire (remember Zouma & Tomori falling through the net on deadline day).

Let’s be fair, if 6 weeks ago someone had told you that we’d have signed two centre backs that improve us, upgraded the midfield with Gana and Onana, added McNeill to the attacking options and were in the hunt for another striker…

… you’d all be “Woooooo’ing” as much as me.

It’s been a cracking window so far.

George Michael
Idrissa Gana Gueye
- ElBobble

Andrew Ridgeley

Pepsi & Shirlie
❌Gavin Bazunu -
Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El Bobble ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi
Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Mohamed Bayo - footmercato ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Palhinha - RecordPT ** Owen Wijndal - @MikeVerweij ** Jack Clarke - Greame Bailey ** Luis Sinisterra - telegraaf ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Tyler Adams - Bild ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Maxwell Cornet -Mike McGrath ** Georginio Wijnaldum - psvreport ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur❌

⚽ Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Otávio - Eljogo ** Matheus Nunes - footmercato ** Zaidu Sanusi - Record_Portugal ** Hamza Choudhury - Tom Hopkinson ** Pape Abou Cissé - Ekrem Konur ** Andrey Santos - Le10Sport ** Luca Pellegrini - Corriere dello ** Tino Anjorin - Simon Phillips ** Lucas Moura - Matt Law ** Tanguy Ndombele - Greame Bailey ** Matt Doherty - Greame Bailey ** Joe Rodon - Alex Crook ** El Bilal Toure - Greame Bailey ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Andrea Belotti - Daily Mail ** Emmanuel Dennis - @louorns ** Rodrigo Becão - Rich Jones ** Japhet Tanganga - @Glongari ** Kyle Walker-Peters - Maddocks ** Charles De Ketelaere - Gazzetta dello Sport ** Edin Dzeko - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Anass Salah Edinne - Mike Verweij ** Benjamin Bourigeaud - tuttomercatoweb ** Marcus Tavernier - Greame Bailey ** Jean-Clair Todibo -Nice_Matin **Arnaud Kalimuendo - Graeme Bailey ** Aster Vranckx - Loic Tanzi ** Layvin Kurzawa - mediafoot - Adnan Januzaj - AS.com ** Leander Dendoncker - FabrizioRomano ** Morgan Gibbs-White - @SportsPeteO ** Guido Rodríguez - CLMerlo **Martin Terrier - ElBobble ** Lucas Paqueta - calciomercato ** Ross Barkley -siphillipssport ** Mitchy Batshuayi - NizaarKinsella ** Arnaud Kalimuendo - Bruno Salomon ** Serhou Guirassy - Emery Taisne ** Ludovic Ajorque - Ignazio Genuardi ** Sasa Kalajdzic - Simon Jones ** ⚽

3828b0c4f42bbce915c01d545112d615.gif

Simon Le Bon
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law ✍️
Ruben Vinagre - bancadadeleao ✍️
Dwight McNeil - Graeme Bailey ✍️
Amadou Onana - El Bobble ✍️
Conor Coady - Alan Myers ✍️

George Michael
Idrissa Gana Gueye
- ElBobble

Andrew Ridgeley

Pepsi & Shirlie
❌Gavin Bazunu -
Daniel McDonnell ** Cameron Carter-Vickers - Larry Henry Jr ** Keane Lewis-Potter - El Bobble ** Kim Min-Jae - Sabah Gazetesi
Steven Bergwijn - Simon Jones ** Ben Mee - MirrorAnderson ** Christian Eriksen - Simon Jones ** Brennan Johnson - Miguel Delaney ** Kalidou Koulibaly - Dylan Walsh ** Clement Lenglet - @Sport ** Cheick Doucoure - Charlie Parker-Turner ** Mohamed Bayo - footmercato ** Jamie Cumming - Simon Phillips ** Oleksandr Zinchenko - The Athletic ** Palhinha - RecordPT ** Owen Wijndal - @MikeVerweij ** Jack Clarke - Greame Bailey ** Luis Sinisterra - telegraaf ** Luka Jovic - Teamtalk ** Tyler Adams - Bild ** Jesse Lingard - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Valentin Castellanos - tuttomercatoweb ** Maxwell Cornet -Mike McGrath ** Georginio Wijnaldum - psvreport ** Levi Colwill - Ekrem Konur❌

⚽ Jack Harrison - Graeme Bailey ** Conor Gallagher - Dean Jones ** Armando Broja - Dean Jones ** Miguel Almiron - Roberto Rojas ** Eric Ramires - SportsWitness ** Chris Maxwell - LancsLive** Kristoffer Ajer - The Athletic ** James Garner - The Athletic ** Manor Solomon - tuttomercatoweb ** Adrien Truffert - RMC ** Billy Gilmour - Paul Brown ** Stephy Mavididi - FabrizioRomano ** Luka Milivojevic - sportimegreece ** Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Adrian Kajumba ** Adama Traore - Football Insider ** Juan Cuadrado - calciomercato ** Georginio Rutter - BenjWin ** Otávio - Eljogo ** Matheus Nunes - footmercato ** Zaidu Sanusi - Record_Portugal ** Hamza Choudhury - Tom Hopkinson ** Pape Abou Cissé - Ekrem Konur ** Andrey Santos - Le10Sport ** Luca Pellegrini - Corriere dello ** Tino Anjorin - Simon Phillips ** Lucas Moura - Matt Law ** Tanguy Ndombele - Greame Bailey ** Matt Doherty - Greame Bailey ** Joe Rodon - Alex Crook ** El Bilal Toure - Greame Bailey ** Harry Winks - Matt Law ** Andrea Belotti - Daily Mail ** Emmanuel Dennis - @louorns ** Rodrigo Becão - Rich Jones ** Japhet Tanganga - @Glongari ** Kyle Walker-Peters - Maddocks ** Charles De Ketelaere - Gazzetta dello Sport ** Edin Dzeko - La Gazzetta dello Sport ** Anass Salah Edinne - Mike Verweij ** Benjamin Bourigeaud - tuttomercatoweb ** Marcus Tavernier - Greame Bailey ** Jean-Clair Todibo -Nice_Matin **Arnaud Kalimuendo - Graeme Bailey ** Aster Vranckx - Loic Tanzi ** Layvin Kurzawa - mediafoot - Adnan Januzaj - AS.com ** Leander Dendoncker - FabrizioRomano ** Morgan Gibbs-White - @SportsPeteO ** Guido Rodríguez - CLMerlo **Martin Terrier - ElBobble ** Lucas Paqueta - calciomercato ** Ross Barkley -siphillipssport ** Mitchy Batshuayi - NizaarKinsella ** Arnaud Kalimuendo - Bruno Salomon ** Serhou Guirassy - Emery Taisne ** Ludovic Ajorque - Ignazio Genuardi ** Sasa Kalajdzic - Simon Jones ** ⚽

3828b0c4f42bbce915c01d545112d615.gif

Simon Le Bon
James Tarkowski -
Matt Law ✍️
Ruben Vinagre - bancadadeleao ✍️
Dwight McNeil - Graeme Bailey ✍️
Amadou Onana - El Bobble ✍️
Conor Coady - Alan Myers ✍️

Myers in the Duran Duran gang. Who would have thought it eh, 65,000 shots in the dark and one finally hit the target.

Anyone reckon we might move to a 3-5-2 (or maybe even a 3-5-1-1) so we can accommodate Gana, Onana and Iwobi in midfield? I just can't shift this feeling and as a result I now think we need two forwards. No chance, right?
Been saying all summer this is a possibility, certainly against certain opposition when we might want to go toe to toe with a 3 man midfield. My only issue with the midfield 3 you suggest is that Iwobi still lacks that really creative killer ball you want from a player in the AM position.

I think a lot depends on who we bring in forward-wise, and whether that's someone who is a direct target man replacement or whether we get someone who could play as a support striker alongside Dom when fit. Obviously the support position is naturally Dele's but I'm just not sure Lampard trusts him for any position.

TL: DR.

Kenwright is a blert.

Good evening.

With the the Onana and Coady deal, I think if we add maybe just one more, hopefully at striker. Could use more midfield help, but with no sold outbounds looking likely im tampering my expectations. 4 additions to 5 is seismic. Obviously the Broja interest is still there but I am a little wary of the price tag with our other business. I am more than engaged by the player, but his value is set at a highmark. Considering the wing depth, I think we could isolate an addition as primarily Dom cover, affording maybe a little bit of a rawer prospect, yet with a ceiling for succession post DCL likely leaving in the not so distant future. At/under 20 million via transfermarkt here are some interesting options, asterisk my preferred choices.

Folarin Balogun, Arsenal, 4.5m
Karrikaburu, Sociedad B, 5.5m
*El Bilal Touré, Reims 7.15m
Javi Puado, Espanyol, 8.80m (maybe more a winger)
*Lassina Traoré, Shakthar 9.90m
Elye Wahi, Montpellier, 13.20m
*Gonçalo Ramos, Benfica 15.4m
Myron Boadu, Monaco 15.5m
Oihan Sancet, 16.5m
*Jonathan Burkardt, Mainz, 18.7m
Arnaud Kalimuendo PSG 19.8m

With the the Onana and Coady deal, I think if we add maybe just one more, hopefully at striker. Could use more midfield help, but with no sold outbounds looking likely im tampering my expectations. 4 additions to 5 is seismic. Obviously the Broja interest is still there but I am a little wary of the price tag with our other business. I am more than engaged by the player, but his value is set at a highmark. Considering the wing depth, I think we could isolate an addition as primarily Dom cover, affording maybe a little bit of a rawer prospect, yet with a ceiling for succession post DCL likely leaving in the not so distant future. At/under 20 million via transfermarkt here are some interesting options, asterisk my preferred choices.

Folarin Balogun, Arsenal, 4.5m
Karrikaburu, Sociedad B, 5.5m
*El Bilal Touré, Reims 7.15m
Javi Puado, Espanyol, 8.80m (maybe more a winger)
*Lassina Traoré, Shakthar 9.90m
Elye Wahi, Montpellier, 13.20m
*Gonçalo Ramos, Benfica 15.4m
Myron Boadu, Monaco 15.5m
Oihan Sancet, 16.5m
*Jonathan Burkardt, Mainz, 18.7m
Arnaud Kalimuendo PSG 19.8m

Put down Footie Manager and step away from the PC.

Put down Footie Manager and step away from the PC.
This critique when ones on a deep internet forum of transfer speculation I'd argue is pretty hypocritical if not a contradiction. If you aren't a bit of a nerd for this thing what is the reason to be on a 2 thousand plus page forum on transfer speculation and suggestions? I fail to see the line thats being alluded towards after all we are both here? I guess its better to stick to platitudes generated by Echo headlines, quoting Romano tweets, and or saying "great signing"

For the record I don't play football manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.