Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the last couple of games and the formation we have been playing, it's clear that we will be moving to a more attacking wing back system

LB - Mykolenko/Nkounkou
RB - Patterson/Coleman/Iwobi

For success in these systems, we would require more strength in defence and defensive midfield.

Delph and Mina have pinpointed how vital we need these positions filled immediately especially with Delph out of contract and Mina's continuing injury.

Attacking wise, we have huge questions over Richarlison and DCL. They have huge fees attached to them and lets face it they are the biggest sellable assets.

Our front 3 needs to be energetic and fast to close down to press from the front but we also need some presence upfront. Simms is still to come back after a good loan, Gordon and Gray can do this role but if we don't sell both, will need to find a goalscorer because this season we haven't scored near enough.

Forward options:
Richarlison, DCL, Gray, Gordon, Simms, Rondon, Dobbin.

Looking at the last couple of games and the formation we have been playing, it's clear that we will be moving to a more attacking wing back system

LB - Mykolenko/Nkounkou
RB - Patterson/Coleman/Iwobi

For success in these systems, we would require more strength in defence and defensive midfield.

Delph and Mina have pinpointed how vital we need these positions filled immediately especially with Delph out of contract and Mina's continuing injury.

Attacking wise, we have huge questions over Richarlison and DCL. They have huge fees attached to them and lets face it they are the biggest sellable assets.

Our front 3 needs to be energetic and fast to close down to press from the front but we also need some presence upfront. Simms is still to come back after a good loan, Gordon and Gray can do this role but if we don't sell both, will need to find a goalscorer because this season we haven't scored near enough.

Forward options:
Richarlison, DCL, Gray, Gordon, Simms, Rondon, Dobbin.
All of them need to get goals though and at the moment they don't. Gordon doesn't have enough of an end product yet and Gray just doesn't produce enough imo and its unfair to just to lump all the goal scoring on one individual. I'm all for bringing in younger type players but I think for a striker (if we buy one that is) it needs to be someone we know is going to score goals,

every time i watch a scotland game they rave about gilmour

i remember when we played chelsea under ancelotti i think and gilmour ran the midfield for chelsea and he got man of the match

he's a very good technical player but you can't expect him to perform miracles in a very poor norwich side

put a few more technical players in midfield with him and he will shine

If we sold one of DCL or Richarlison in the summer two players worth a look at are Big Tammy Abraham and Sarr from Watford.

Abraham wants a move back to England according to sky sauces and Watford plan to sell Sarr now they are down.

Two livewire players that would transform this clubs blunt attack.

every time i watch a scotland game they rave about gilmour

i remember when we played chelsea under ancelotti i think and gilmour ran the midfield for chelsea and he got man of the match

he's a very good technical player but you can't expect him to perform miracles in a very poor norwich side

put a few more technical players in midfield with him and he will shine
Reading the Norwich forum they say hes lightweight and would need monsters alongside him to make up for his lack of physical.

Really don't think we should be selling both Richarlison and DCL. I do see the need to sell one. I'd extend Richy and sell DCL

I've not seen enough of Gilmour to say with any certainty whether he's got what it takes to really kick on, but I would have to disagree with the idea that it would be difficult for him to shine at Norwich because he's too technical for them. If anything, Norwich have too many 'technical' players and not enough solid workhorses. They can play decent football but they lack a proper backbone and are short on size and pace. Any issues he's had at Norwich won't be because he's the only talented player in a team full of cloggers who don't understand what he's trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back