Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abraham is way out of our reach, he’s just broke records at his club and will want to go straight to a top 6 team. I don’t think Lampard has enough sway with him to get him here. If none of our top 6 want him I don’t think he’d come back.

Who is a top 6 team these days?

WHU?
Leicester?
Money bags Newcastle?

I get your gist but any player who's half decent is automatically pigeon holed into "top 6 attainable only" when I dont think that's necessarily the case. The PL itself is a massive pull and a club like us is happy to pay wages that most of Europe post pandemic can not match.

No one thought Coutinho would move to Villa for example after being linked none stop with Spurs/Arsenal.

If I was we would have had Edin Dzeko, Seb Haller and Joao Moutinho.

As meatloaf said, 2 out of 3 aint bad.

But im still convinced Haller would have been more successful here than he was at West Ham.
Joao Moutinho’s name always make me sad, what could have been.

But now we have folk trying to convince me that Billy Gilmour is the man we need

If we managed to sell our non-high value players at 'reasonable fees e.g:

Keane £10mil
Kean £25mil
Mina £10mil
Allan £10mil
Gomes £0
Gbamin £5mil

That takes us to £60mil in transfer fees.

Add Sigurdsson, Tosun, Delph, Lonergan, El-Ghazi, Van De Beek and the wages saved would be enormous...

Perhaps £60mil on fees and £800k+ a week in wages.

We'd still look like this will all those outs + excluding any promoted u23 players:

GK: Pickford / Begovic
LB: Mykolenko / Nkounkou
CB: Branthwaite / ???
CB: Godfrey / Holgate
RB: Patterson / Coleman
DM: Davies / ???
CM: Doucoure / Iwobi
AM: Dele / ???
LF: Richarlison / Gray
CF: DCL / Rondon
RF: Gordon / Townsend

To be fair. If we sell both of them + a few other squad players, + Kean, and a load off the wages from being released. We would have a ton of money to create a good spine.
Let's say for arguments sake. It brings in £175m+. Which is realistic. We would only really need one player to replace dcl/richy. The rest can easily buy us a few players that improves midfield and the centre of defence.
And that is before we think about selling Pickford.

See the above post I made earlier, agree on the £175mil as a conservarice figure.

That would give us £60mil and about £800k a week off the wage bill before selling any high value players. Then probably £75mil + £40mil for the two forwards.

Why would we only "need one player to replace DCL/Richy" ?

Surely we would need 3 or perhaps 4 if they both were sold?

Richy isnt staying. I love Richy, but he deserves better and will be playing for a champions league team. Hes not going to extend, so its the time to sell him for max. Now if we only got offers of like 50m, thats absurd, so I wouldnt sell in that place. But a reasonable offer for him and hes gone. That means you have to keep DCL and hope he gets his head on straight.

We dont know whats going on in Richarlisons mind. If theres any way we could extend then i hope we do.

He loves the club and hopefully likes working with Lampard. Depending on how big of a summer we have planned, he may decide to extend.

If he doesnt then £75mil minimum and i would sell DCL for £40mil minimum as well.

See my previous post above -- £60mil + £115mil for those to and thats £175mil for a rebuild.

But from that we would probably need

2 × CB
2 × CM
2 × FW

Three of them would need to be u23 aged players with huge ability and massive potential down the spine.

When I initially mentioned Gilmour it was due to Lampard (potentially) moving to a more posession based style of play.

When he plays for Chelsea or for Scotland with more time on the ball and less pressing he looks phenomenal. A possible future world class player.

If you were to put Gilmour into Xavi's Barcelona team then Im confident he'd look like a superstar.

You look at Eriksen for Spurs (posession based) or Brentford (posession based) and he's been brilliant (also for Denmark). Would he look as good in a Norwich team who simply arent a posession heavy side?

Take Dele's signing and then think back to how good he was when he had Eriksen feeding the ball to him. Their wide players also had a field day with some of the balls be played -- Spurs were at their best with Eriksen and Dele.

Now look at this summer, we could be moving on quite a number of players but have a core of players that could do quite well in a posession based setup.

If the summer strategy were to move players on and replace them with younger players with high technical ability then it would make sense to bring Gilmour in.

If the idea is to stick with our current setup and tactics then, as with Dele it would make no sense to sign Gilmour...

...but then the Dele signing also wouldnt make any sense so he should be moved on in the summer.

I think if you took Iniesta or Xavi and put them into our current team playing 541 then it would be like having 10 men.

We saw flashes in the Leicester game where we passed the ball around and were 'relatively' comfortable doing so...yet there was no one in defence or midfield who could play that killer ball.

Thats what Gilmour would bring along with setting the tempo. But we would have to be focused on a posession based approach AND bring in a top notch player alongside him who is either box to box or a pure DM -- Spurs had Dembele.

The other player i mentioned in Colwill would suit either 3 or 4 at the back and is very comfortable as a left sided centre back who can play out from the back. He's the highest rated player below Chelsea's first team.

Thelwell likes the 352 formation (he wrote the book on it) and Lampard does seem to enjoy the 3 at the back or the 433. Both of these could suit both Gilmour and Colwill.

If as the rumours suggest we sell Moise Kean in the next month then I would happily move him on + one of our centre backs and sign both of these players.

If Chelsea were to let them go.

I see your logic but he won’t get time on the ball in the prem. he has good technique but he is not Scholes, Xavi or even Jorginho. He is not good enough to make up for how weak he is. The best players we have has in that position in the prem era have been Barry and Carsley. Not quick but positionally and technically sound and physically strong. Would love to find a 25 year old Barry or Carsley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back