Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yves Bissouma has 1 year on his contract.

Could £25mil bring him over ?
You have to think we'd be sniffing around him and Kamara (Marseille) - grab whichever one we can because (off the top of my head) Man U, Spurs and Leicester will all be pursuing DMs this summer and Kalvin Phillips can only sign for one club.

The question, however, is are we an attractive option to a player currently at Brighton or Marseille? We can't just throw high wages at people, we need players who WANT to be here.

Weren’t United linked at one point? They need an entirely new midfield so wouldn’t surprise me if he goes there. Gotta be finding the next one if you’re us

Has a case hanging over him doesn’t he?

Terrific player like, amazing that he’s been at Brighton as long as he has

As if this club would be smart enough to go for Bissouma.

If he doesn’t go to prison

Bissouma is a fabulous player, but I’m sure he’ll move for more than £25m if the investigation has finished. If it hasn’t, no one will go near.
Heres the latest I could find, thought he had been cleared:

Today (Wednesday 6 April) Sussex Police said: “A man in his forties from Brighton who was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault has had his conditional bail extended until Monday 6 June.

“A man in his twenties, also from Brighton, who was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault, has been released under investigation while inquiries continue.
“No further information is available at this time.”

Not sure if that simply means what it says or the Police are focusing on the other chap while Bissouma is in the clear and the police covering their arse.

Looks like we may know on June 6th. One year left on his contract so perhaps £25mil may be enough.

The other Brighton midfielder Caicedo is Ecuadorian and only 20. We were after him in Jan 2021 but he went to Brighton.

Theyve made some very good recruitment decisions.

You have to think we'd be sniffing around him and Kamara (Marseille) - grab whichever one we can because (off the top of my head) Man U, Spurs and Leicester will all be pursuing DMs this summer and Kalvin Phillips can only sign for one club.

The question, however, is are we an attractive option to a player currently at Brighton or Marseille? We can't just throw high wages at people, we need players who WANT to be here.

Well, with Fofana going to Leicester for £31.5mil Kamara is worth at least that so with him being out of contract its a no brainer. The wages will be high but when you're getting a player in a position that you need on a free I think its a wise move to pay.

With the players we have out of contract it looks a wise move.

Lampard really brought on those young English Chelsea players so I wonder if he will target more 'local' players. Hopefully we look at the best players in France as there are some real talents over there.

Its like a conveyor belt.

Even if Moshiri isn't prepared to put his hand too deeply in his pocket this summer, we can still get a decent transfer budget by selling many of our surplus to requirements players, namely one of Keane/Holgate (15m) plus Mina (15m), Gomes (10m), Gbamin (5m), alongside the many millions saved on wages for Tosun, Sigurdsson Kenny, Delph. If we could find a taker for DCL for big money (40m) I'd be getting him out too.

If Moshiri would be prepared to give a modest budget of 30m plus whatever we can generate in sales, I think we could be go into the season with a very decent squad.

Hoping it's in the Premier League too of course.

:Blink: Exactly
Not that anyone is asking but I'd rather we just let someone else overpay Bissouma and found the next guy in France or wherever who does the same things.
Exactly. I'd rather buy 5 x 5m highly rated under 23 prospects than a ready made solution that funds another club.

Particularly now we have fired Unsworth. (oh hang on, he left to further his ambitions :Blink:)

Even if Moshiri isn't prepared to put his hand too deeply in his pocket this summer, we can still get a decent transfer budget by selling many of our surplus to requirements players, namely one of Keane/Holgate (15m) plus Mina (15m), Gomes (10m), Gbamin (5m), alongside the many millions saved on wages for Tosun, Sigurdsson Kenny, Delph. If we could find a taker for DCL for big money (40m) I'd be getting him out too.

If Moshiri would be prepared to give a modest budget of 30m plus whatever we can generate in sales, I think we could be go into the season with a very decent squad.

Keane £10mil
Kean £25mil
Mina £10mil
Allan £10mil
Gomes £0
Gbamin £5mil

That takes us to £60mil in transfer fees.

Add Sigurdsson, Tosun, Delph, Lonergan, El-Ghazi, Van De Beek and the wages saved would be enormous...

Perhaps £60mil on fees and £800k+ a week in wages.

If we wanted to hold onto our 'high value' players and extend Richarlison and Pickfords contracts that would be very sensible business.

If thats the plan we should move for Tarkowski and Kamara who would be free agents. Then the £60mil we could use in fees for top notch u21s.

Keane £10mil
Kean £25mil
Mina £10mil
Allan £10mil
Gomes £0
Gbamin £5mil

Add Sigurdsson, Tosun, Delph, Lonergan, El-Ghazi, Van De Beek and the wages saved would be enormous...

If we wanted to hold onto our 'high value' players and extend Richarlison and Pickfords contracts that would be very sensible business.

If thats the plan we should move for Tarkowski and Kamara who would be free agents. Then the £60mil we could use in fees for top notch u21s.
Tarkowski for free is still too much.

Under 25 and under 25m.

Is it not worth giving Gbamin another go over pre season?
He's played every game so far over in russia so maybe its just bern a case of getting minutes under his belt after a huge lay off?
I dont know how he's done to be fair but all i know is hes got the game time the loan intended

I think Moshiri will be tied by the FFP situation.Some of this budget is already allocated for Ali.

Keane £10mil
Kean £25mil
Mina £10mil
Allan £10mil
Gomes £0
Gbamin £5mil

Selling Gbamin for anything under £10m would lead to an accounting loss on him, so think the most likely outcome with him is that we see him out on loan until his contract expires or at least until next summer when we can afford to accept £5m for him.

We aren't really in a position where we can afford to accept accounting losses on players at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back